Melett turbo

Mar 25, 2024
Is anyone running a mellet turbo by any chance? Would like to know how they they are? I'm looking on darkside and there is a big difference in price, but could be doing with saving some pennies at the moment. I have a pd150. It is currently mapped to 203bhp and 316ft/lb torque I believe. Am I going to need to go for the Garrett again to keep my map? Or will any GT1749VB turbo be fine with the map? Really not sure what to do here, still haven't got the car to the garage yet and stressing out big time. If I take the mellet and it needs tuned again then I would probably be aswell spending the extra £400 on the garret but then I'm still not sure if it's going to need tuned regardless. Please someone help, been stressing out about this for days now 😪 Any help or advice on this would be much appreciated and put my mind at ease a bit. Thank you guys

Mar 25, 2024
Yeah seem to be very reputable from what I gather. Looks like they also make all the spares for Garrett if that is correct. There is a slight difference from the Garrett however as the melett has a billet wheel. Or does the Garrett maybe also have this but just doesn't have it advertised? God knows it's on darkside I'm looking, and to be quite honest could be doing with saving some cash as I'm supposed to be getting a new flat this week need deposit and furniture etc but then if do need it mapped again probably be aswell spending the extra £400 on the Garrett, god knows my head is right up my arse at the moment.