Melted gear linkages

GarryGti

TurboLag is ur head start
May 1, 2008
Skagdover, Hampshire
Is this going to be a problem as i've been advised there melted to the exhaust by JKM when it went in for its MOT. I've now dropped the car 40mm lower at the rear and i've got a vibration when i pull away in low revs wich sounds like something on the exhaust. There's a few people on her with with blueflame cats have you ever had this problem and how did you get around it?

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
mine has plastic tie wraps around the rubbers which help loads and stop the rubber from 'sagging' down over time. but had to replace the centre section a while back and forgot to put more tie wraps on the new rubber mount. so going to get down at my local garage. definately worth looking at mate, as its likely to be causing the vibrations

GarryGti

TurboLag is ur head start
May 1, 2008
Skagdover, Hampshire
still got a vibration!! checked the gear linkage yeah its melted but its not hitting the exhaust nothing is!

Anyone know what it could be could it be worn bush's on the wishbone its at very low revs pulling away

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I had a blueflame turbo back fitted about 2weeks ago now and when i first start the car up i get a vibrating noise that sounds and feels like its coming from where my handbreak is. Stops after a few minutes when the car is off the choke... dont know if this problem is related to yours but thought id share some info.

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
Check the inner rear hanger on the exhaust box when the car is cold, it may be touching the rear beam slightly. Its a very tight fit, but if you hanger bushes are worn then it will allow it to touch the beam enough to rattle.

If its nothing visible its possibly the sheild could be touching the body somewhere, if its not tight it will vibrate. Also very hard to spot. Quite common around the h/brake are for it to get dented when a new exhaust it put on, thats where the clamp is.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.