Memory Cards

robtheplod

I'm pretty sure this may have been asked previously, but what sort of memory cards can you use for music on the leon mk3? is it fussy about make/type and capacity - is there a max?

thanks!

unclelonghair

Jul 6, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm using a 16Gb SDHC card. Was lucky and got two for £20 when buying a new digital camera, so had one spare. Mine is a class 10, but not sure if high speed cards are really necessary for playing music.

I rip my music using Windows Media player and just copy/pasted the folders onto it. That way it also copied the album art which shows up on the screen, which is nice.

TDi Buz

May 26, 2004
London SW
SD cards come in a few types dependent on their size, up to 32gb is SDHC and should be supported by the media system, 32gb upwards is SDXC and might not be supported as its quite new.

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
32Gb Sandisk Ultra (well, bought off eBay so you never know) works perfectly and loads instantly.

All the best

Pub

Adamzork

I wonder if we could put a 80gb hard drive onto the USB cable???

robtheplod

Right, now I've been told my FR is waiting on the dockside at Barcelona it's time to sort my music! With a 32GB SDHC card, would creating a folder for each album and copying the files into these work ok? What format should the music files be in?

Does the SDHC card need to formatted in FAT or NTFS?

cheers!!!

rob

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
Right, now I've been told my FR is waiting on the dockside at Barcelona it's time to sort my music! With a 32GB SDHC card, would creating a folder for each album and copying the files into these work ok? What format should the music files be in?

Does the SDHC card need to formatted in FAT or NTFS?

cheers!!!

rob

I'd go with FAT if i were you. Its unlikely it would support NTFS.

welshy67

I agree, you are safe with FAT.

Just bought a Sandisk 32Gb SDHC (class 4) from play.com for £14.57

Taff

Jun 10, 2002
South Wales
I use a "Samsung 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 MicroSDXC Pro Memory Card" via a Sandisk micro SDXC to SD converter.

This works fine

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members