Merc alloys fitted :) updated pics now lowered!! pg3

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Hey ppl

Had my new wheels sat in my shed for some time!! 2 years almost!

They're genuine merc rh toplines 3 piece split rims 18's 8.5 front 9.5 rear

Had alot of hassle finding adaptors and eventually got them from RH themselves!

Had them on for oxford edition but are off now for the winter.

What you guys think??

and yes i know it needs to go lower. next on my list :)

How low have you guys managed to go with 18's keepin it practical it is my daily afterall. Its the tdi too. 35 profile.

Rhrollingshot.jpg

Rhshot.jpg

rhstillshot.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Loving the wheels!! Arch gap looks huge :think:

What ET were they originally and what thickness adaptors have you used.....if you dont mind me asking ;)

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Loving the wheels!! Arch gap looks huge :think:

What ET were they originally and what thickness adaptors have you used.....if you dont mind me asking ;)

yer ino! hence going lots lowerer :)

The orignal ofset was ET69

adaptors are
40mm up front to correct ofset to ET29
35mm on the back to correc tofset to ET 34

The front and rears sit just outside the arch with tyre tread inside the arch.
Tyres are 215/35/18 on the 8.5 and 225/35/18 on the rear

Used these tyres to give a fab stretch so she'll be sittin right on the arch line.

Got plans to get some weitec coilovers in the spring, gone for the weitec due to the larger threads making it easier to adjust as i cant keep her too low for daily but wanna drop her to the floor for shows :)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
yer ino! hence going lots lowerer :)

The orignal ofset was ET69

adaptors are
40mm up front to correct ofset to ET29
35mm on the back to correc tofset to ET 34

The front and rears sit just outside the arch with tyre tread inside the arch.
Tyres are 215/35/18 on the 8.5 and 225/35/18 on the rear

Used these tyres to give a fab stretch so she'll be sittin right on the arch line.

Got plans to get some weitec coilovers in the spring, gone for the weitec due to the larger threads making it easier to adjust as i cant keep her too low for daily but wanna drop her to the floor for shows :)

Will look a stunner lowered, you dont see many leons with wide rims and a good slam.....its good to be different ;)

Merc rims are at the top of my list for the ibiza, just unsure how to attack the adaptor situation.....sizing them to get the perfect look etc.

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
yer took me a while mate!! lol i used styledynamix.com great ppl!

I wanted something different not done before.

For your ibiza i have seen some nice merc 17s around. Keep an eye on edition38 forums, thats where i picked mine up, alot of classy wheels go through there. To be totally honest my pictures dont do the dishes justice! Gonna give them a good clean and polish be gleaming!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
cheers for all the comments guys. Certainly nice to get some great comments!

taken a long time and alot of cash! but got there eventually!

With the weitecs i'm gonna get a new front arb fitted to clear the drive shafts, a rear arb to stiffen the rear up at the same time. Then maybe the lower s3 strut on the front, is it worth an upper strut brace too??

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Menolikey wheels or brows. Nice car apart from that though :)

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
I also think it doesnt look all that bad...

However your tires look a little thin and the car a little high ... or is it just the pics ?

Those wheels are nice coz you can blacken the centres when you get tired of that look,... turning it into an Ultimate Gangster car

[B)]

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
hiya it is partially the pics, the tyres are 35 profile so that i can lower it alot!

Colour coding the centres is an idea i've already had but gonna save that. Is alot of hassle to split and then re seal after spraying. and of course more money lol.

The lightbrows i did way way back and thinkin of actually removing them. Wanna colour codes the side rub strips thou :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.