MIB1 to MIB2 Upgrade

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Can you please provide part no of the headunit you bought? Is it with DAB + NAV?
Yesterday while browsing around I found below two units:
5F0035874A (MIB 2.5)
5F0035858C (MIB 2)
I am essential after DAB and Carplay/Android Auto and the 8" Screen.

Are there any issues with SW etc to look after regarding CP?

Who did the CP removal for you?

Best Regards
my unit needs hacking, but cant afford 150 at moment, just spent£1000 on CUPRA 5QA035874

Tell

Staff member
I suspect the free option for dealing with the missing stuff that @Chillout referred to above is covered in this... sister project to the high one (no doubt I'll be told if I'm wrong 🤣):

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
my unit needs hacking, but cant afford 150 at moment, just spent£1000 on CUPRA 5QA035874
wow, found the 874 unit for like £300 - £350. Spending £1000, why didn't you just contact East Yorkshire Retrofits, it's sub £900 complete with 8" screen and CP removed.

marlop

Now my car doesn’t have a USB port! For me to get the full link CarPlay system working, I need to retrofit a USB port in.
To retrofit the USB port replacing the OEM Mitsumi module, you can follow this guideline below.
Hope it will help you.
;)

Parts
5G0 035 222E > USB+Aux module
8V0 035 750D > 6-pin HSD Connector (w/5v)
8K0 973 754 > 4-pin electric connector

Pinout
From old 16-pin Mitsumi connector to new 4-pin USB electric connector
pin 1 ---> pin 2 (grey)
pin 2 ---> pin 1 (yellow)
pin 9 ---> pin 3 (green)

From old 16-pin Mitsumi connector to new HSD connector (5V)
pin 7 ---> pin 1 (red)
pin 8 ---> pin 2 (brown)

Coding
Deactivate Mitsumi module:
STG 5F > byte 8 > deactivate bit 5

Activate USB module:
STG 5F > byte 19 > activate bits 6 y 7

Attachments

• 5F0035222-pinout3.jpg
    5F0035222-pinout3.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 399

chavdaroff

Aug 23, 2021
Bulgaria, Sofia
Hey guys. Im pretty new in the forum and having my first Seat for a month now. Im interested in upgrading from MIB1 5.8" to MIB2 mainly for the AppleCarPlay with is something I want a lot as a feature.
I've been reading a lot for these upgrades but still have few questions. The part number of my system is 5F0035846A with 5.8" display. Is the display only a display and the main system is in the glovebox or it's not only a display? I mean, can i just replace the system in the glovebox or I will have to replace both?

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
Hey guys. Im pretty new in the forum and having my first Seat for a month now. Im interested in upgrading from MIB1 5.8" to MIB2 mainly for the AppleCarPlay with is something I want a lot as a feature.
I've been reading a lot for these upgrades but still have few questions. The part number of my system is 5F0035846A with 5.8" display. Is the display only a display and the main system is in the glovebox or it's not only a display? I mean, can i just replace the system in the glovebox or I will have to replace both?
hi,
Do you have a 1 DIN unit in the glovebox? If so the screen is just a screen.
The Glovebox unit are the "brain" and what you would need to replace in order to get the new functionality.
MIB2 Headunit (glovebox) and MIB1 output different resolution, meaning you can't use MIB2 (6.5" / 8") screen on MIB1 unit and vice versa.
So, you'll have to replace both screen and glovebox unit, for apple carplay to work you'll also need to replace the USB port.

chavdaroff

Aug 23, 2021
Bulgaria, Sofia
Actually mine should be 6.5" display. It's not the smallest one neither the biggest one (8"). And yes, i have a 1din unit in my glovebox. So if i find a headunit for the glovebox that is MIB2 i should be able to replace only this module, not needing the display. Can you advise me the part number for that headunit, so i can be sure what to look for? :) Also i will have to add USB port since i don't have any right now. Buti think that this is the easy part.
And i assume that i will need further CP removal and coding to make it all working if i replace the headunit.

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Actually mine should be 6.5" display. It's not the smallest one neither the biggest one (8"). And yes, i have a 1din unit in my glovebox. So if i find a headunit for the glovebox that is MIB2 i should be able to replace only this module, not needing the display. Can you advise me the part number for that headunit, so i can be sure what to look for? :) Also i will have to add USB port since i don't have any right now. Buti think that this is the easy part.
And i assume that i will need further CP removal and coding to make it all working if i replace the headunit.
check the screen part number,5F0 919 603D are 5.8 inch , 5F0919604A is 6.4 inch.
if you have 5.8 inch you need 6.4 inch or 8 inch , the 5.8 is not compatible with mib2 2.5 or 3

Reactions: chavdaroff

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
5F0035846A is MIB 1 cam with 5.8 inch screen for sure, its was my old radio.

5QA035846A is MIB 2 tecnisat radios can be unlocked with odis . if you get one, VAG pro unlock and code for £60/£80 in Leicester, or most places remove cp and code for around same price .
it says on top of the radios.
if you don't want to choose radio, retrofits sells these cheaper ones

Reactions: chavdaroff

chavdaroff

Aug 23, 2021
Bulgaria, Sofia
I got it. Thanks a lot, really helped this info. I will continue looking for cheap deals for head unit and display. Im not from UK so i will have to find someone here in Bulgaria if he can help me with CP and coding when I get the parts for upgrade.

chavdaroff

Aug 23, 2021
Bulgaria, Sofia
Hey guys :)
Another question, I need just to be sure for this one.
I've found a display - 5F0919604A for cheap. It should work with MIB2 headunit, right?
Also, i've found a headunit with part number 5QA035824. This is MIB2 unit, correct? And it's compatible with the display i've found?
5QA035824 does support Carplay after activation?

Sorry for the many questions but i need to be sure what im buying and you here are the experts :)

Lancashire Lad

Mar 6, 2011
Penwortham
www.seatcupra.net
Sorry to jump on this thread but does anyone know the part number for the centre console cubby that fits the USB connector. I was going to modify my original but can't be bothered. Im curious to see if the seat dealer is cheaper than East yorkshire retrofit.

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Sorry to jump on this thread but does anyone know the part number for the centre console cubby that fits the USB connector. I was going to modify my original but can't be bothered. Im curious to see if the seat dealer is cheaper than East yorkshire retrofit.
these people sell it for that price but was told is cheaper on dealer, there is two one that is sideways and one vertical like the one they selling.
found one part number on real oem seat, need to look again

Lancashire Lad

Mar 6, 2011
Penwortham
www.seatcupra.net
these people sell it for that price but was told is cheaper on dealer, there is two one that is sideways and one vertical like the one they selling.
found one part number on real oem seat, need to look again
I'm not paying £58, I work about 500 yards from seat but the parts staff are useless.

Mar 14, 2023
I’ve just brought a 64 plate Seat Leon FR, I have a MIB1 system with it at the moment but I want to have Apple CarPlay. I know I have to upgrade to a MIB2 system but I’m not 100% sure on how to do this or what to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tell

Staff member
There are threads and discussions about. @Walone has done it.... may be able to direct you to these. For Apple car play you have to change the USB as I recall as well as the rest. The boards sponsor @East Yorkshire Retrofits use to sell the parts prepped / fit, may still do. What you can't do is pick up a unit from scrap yard and hope it fits. That one was locked to the car. Early web page projects you find dwell on getting it unlocked and re-enabled. Where you need VAG hardware. They lost the navigation license when that was done. Where skilled people are required on the software side to prep it. There might be better DIY software techniques these day. Of those that did upgrade they upgraded to mib2 high or you could stick to mib2 standard.

Where I toss in the idea of those Chinese Android car units you see that being talked about on thread here. I think some people have fitted them as an alternative.