MIB2 Infotainment 8" Head Unit Help

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
I've just upgraded my MIB2 Infotainment screen from the 6.5" to the later 8" screen...installation was pretty straight forward and I'm very happy with it.
However one last thing I need to complete the job is to change the SKIN from the 6.5 to the 8.0?
currently everything works as it should but all the tiles/etc are enlarged because the unit is still in 6.5 skin.
I've seen on the internet that you can put the unit in "TEST MODE" and in there is the HMI Skin Change option? (SEAT_HIGH_SKIN_SPORT_80_H)
I don't know how to get into this mode to change the skin?
can anybody help?
thanks

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
You need to activate test mode using one of the various different ways (ODB11, Carista, VCDS etc)

once you’ve done this press and hold the top button for 5-10 seconds and the menu appears to enable the skin to be changed.

where are you based maybe someone close to you could help if you don’t have any of the software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mr Pig

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
I’ve used the Carista one and it’s perfect for what I wanted it for. Which was needle sweep on start, activate mirror to move down on reverse, park pilot activate due to only rear sensors and a couple of other small bits.
have a look on their website to see if you would use it for anything else.
its £25 off Amazon with a month free (sign up for a year then cancel before free month is up)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise