Mikey-D's K1

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
Been on here for a while now so thought I'd get a readers ride started.

Ok, quick history. From 17 I purchased my first car, and that's when I got the bug :D

BMW 318ti Compact. This thing was mint. I gave it complete abuse being an idiotic 17 year old and it just took it. It taught me a lot about driving though.

Anyway, next I got the JDM bug and bought a Mivec Colt, which I kept for a matter of months until I got what I wanted, Toyota EP82;

To say this was mint was an understatement, 15k miles since new :-o

One with my mates Supercharged 190 Celica

Ended up with 200+bhp and it was rapido!

Then ended up with a e46 330ci, which was nice, but far too smooth and grown up for me, so I got a niggle for a Golf VR6, again lasting a couple of months. Not too impressed at all.

I then purchased a Focus ST-2. First modern hot hatch and was well impressed. Ate up the miles easily. From there and due to my wee girl being born I trader the ST in for a family diesel bus. Doh! :blink:

A701EEA1-AB13-4539-840F-E39B9120672A-170-000000C1A5FDB707.jpg
[/URL]

and bought a toy, Revision 3 MR2 Tubby. Quickest car I've owned to date, loved it!

Anyways, after being ordered to sell it :cry: we come to the current fleet.

Other halfs Mini Cooper SD Countryman. :shrug:

Now, plan was to buy a 2JZ Supra. But I do FAR too many miles for that so with the wee one the Cupra K1 made sense, plus I had seen 1 on the road and instantly loved it!

Got her with 31k on the clock, one owner, Cambelt done etc etc. Bog standard;

Got her home and first impressions were great! Loved the way it drove and pulled very well. Felt and still does feel way more than 240bhp! Ride was a bit hard, but on the whole I was happy with my purchase.

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
So,7 months on and I was learning about the car more and found this forum to be a great source of knowledge. Bunch of great folk on here too :lol:

I went through Awesome GTI and purchased a Neuspeed P-Flo induction kit. Wanted the ITG but wasn't paying £400 for one just now.

Car parts!!

So fitted that night,

Love the noise now and the waste gate chatter. :p I'm not sure on the performance gains, feels the same, hard to tell, but still worth the money and once stage 2 or whatever the car should benefit.

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
And that's really where I am at the moment. Decided to try and modify my engine cover and make the bay look a bit better, plenty cutting going on, so will try and do a test fit before I paint or wrap it. Thinking of some carbon wrap from ebay. Progress...

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
Well, just off the phone to Awesome, I should be receiving the following this week with a view to making the engine bay look a bit better,

Forge DV to intake hose in red
Forge red vacuums hoses - 2 meters
911 oil cap
911 coolant cap

I've also ordered magma heat reflective wrap from Thermalvelocity for the intake pipe.

Both orders should be here this week :)

Ok, so my plans for the K1 are

Finish modifying the engine cover and hopefully wrap it in carbon look-a-like wrap.

Forge coolant hose kit

Seatsport VRM holders with pressed plates

Replace my F-ING jacking point covers. Got some ready for paint.

Pillar pod boost guages

Triple R front splitter

Eibach Sportlines (maybe coilovers) and WALK

Decat with full exhaust

BSH engine mounts

Forge short shift kit

THS/Eurojet FMIC

Uprated clutch/flywheel

HPFP and stage 2+ software from REVO/APR

LONG way to go, but ill get there.

All comments / advice welcome.

Thanks for reading!

Mikey

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
Small update

So my magmawrap arrived today, ill get it on the intake ASAP! Brilliant service from Thermalvelocity ;)

Spoke to awesome, other stuff should be here Friday :D

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Did I see you at St James last night? I was waiting to get on at the Linwood side and you were just coming off to head in Linwood direction?

I thought you looked across. I was in white Mk2 Cupra with BBS on it.

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
Did I see you at St James last night? I was waiting to get on at the Linwood side and you were just coming off to head in Linwood direction?

I thought you looked across. I was in white Mk2 Cupra with BBS on it.

Yes mate! Twas moi! Your Cupra looks very nice with those BBS wheels [B)]

Only caught a glimpse, I'm up and down from Ayrshire to Glasgow and clydebank areas all the time.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Yes mate! Twas moi! Your Cupra looks very nice with those BBS wheels [B)]

Only caught a glimpse, I'm up and down from Ayrshire to Glasgow and clydebank areas all the time.

Thanks mate.

My friend stays in same estate as you. He mentioned your car and I had seen it on here. The jacking covers gave it away. ;)

Mikey-D

Sep 12, 2012
Kilwinning, Ayrshire
Ha! I know, I must get my jacking point covers done! Pure laziness :lol:

So what does he drive? There's a few nice cars on the estate, an R32 kicking about, yellow Mk2 Cupra R and a JDM FN2 Type R and a R27 Clio. Any of them?

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Ha! I know, I must get my jacking point covers done! Pure laziness :lol:

So what does he drive? There's a few nice cars on the estate, an R32 kicking about, yellow Mk2 Cupra R and a JDM FN2 Type R and a R27 Clio. Any of them?

None of them mate. He has a 206GTI 180 and a Mini Camden edition.

He mentioned the Yellow Cupra R though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members