Mikey's rs3 stage 2 and 1.2's fitted Cupra 280 with bucket seats

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
Had the car to a seat Cupra meet last night then went for a play after it on some twisty roads this has to be the best handling front wheel drive car

RabRS

Aug 25, 2014
Had the car to a seat Cupra meet last night then went for a play after it on some twisty roads this has to be the best handling front wheel drive car

I'm with you there mate. Very easy car to drive fast, and coming from a 4WD Evo the grip this thing has is astounding! Very glad I bought it!

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
I'm with you there mate. Very easy car to drive fast, and coming from a 4WD Evo the grip this thing has is astounding! Very glad I bought it!

Yeah tell me about it I have the 280 and a b7 rs4 and the 280 would just tear the ass out of it all day long. This is even better than my mk2 was and that was set up for track

RabRS

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah tell me about it I have the 280 and a b7 rs4 and the 280 would just tear the ass out of it all day long. This is even better than my mk2 was and that was set up for track

This would have pumped my old evo dry mate. Purely because it can do 100 miles right on it, where as the Evo would have needed the AA after about 15 miles :rofl:

In all seriousness though, the only place this loses out to my modified Evo, is from a standing start and out of corners in the pouring rain. In every other aspect, this is better.

The Cupra would have mauled my standard Evo from 30-130. I may go measure this one sometime, as I've got a time for the Evo. [B)]

Last edited:

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
This would have pumped my old evo dry mate. Purely because it can do 100 miles right on it, where as the Evo would have needed the AA after about 15 miles :rofl:

In all seriousness though, the only place this loses out to my modified Evo, is from a standing start and out of corners in the pouring rain. In every other aspect, this is better.

The Cupra would have mauled my standard Evo from 30-130. I may go measure this one sometime, as I've got a time for the Evo. [B)]

Lol

Did you manage to measure this as yet mate

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
Now done 2000 miles in the Cupra and I never get bored of the pin point cornering and power

On another note just fitted a clutch to the rs4 as my launching has taken its toll more so after my last visit to the 1/4 mile with it

Last edited:

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
Not been on here for a bit just a little update on both cars the Cupra now has a vwr intake fitted also a dtuk tuning box for warr purposes for ease of taking off.

This has made a massive difference to the power of the car.

And the old rs4 is away to get a set of 20 inch rotors fitted tomorrow will post pics of both cars later

Mr_gangrel

Feb 12, 2015
Sussex
What are the bucket seats like compared to the standards items when getting a move on or on track?

The standard ones are rubbish for lateral support. I would like to retro fit the bucket seats if possible if they're up to the job.

I have no aspirations to fit a cage or harnesses so the fact the don't have cut outs are fine.

cuprat

Stage 2 rs3
Mar 27, 2008
aberdeen
Ha ha always good to keep them onboard ;)

Yeah this is true but if it also were the case then my Rs wouldn't be as loud :lol:

What are the bucket seats like compared to the standards items when getting a move on or on track?

The standard ones are rubbish for lateral support. I would like to retro fit the bucket seats if possible if they're up to the job.

I have no aspirations to fit a cage or harnesses so the fact the don't have cut outs are fine.

The bucket seats are much better than standard they have a lot more support it's also the same seat that was fitted in the 280 that done the sub 8 lap of the Nurburgring

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Yeah this is true but if it also were the case then my Rs wouldn't be as loud :lol

Happy days, guess you can't please em all the time :D

Getting my BCS turbo back fitted tomorrow and my Mrs is already giving me grief :p

Will put some pics up on my readers ride thread tomorrow mate if you fancy a look.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members