Miltek Cat back/Cupra Bumper??

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Looking at gettin a catback Miltek Exhaust for my Fr in the next few weeks,:) but im sure i read somewhere that the tailpipe is to short for the cupra bumper and a extenstion pipe is need??? is this right:confused:

Anyone Help??

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
yeah, the exhaust finishes almost flush to the bumper, view the stickey at the top of the mk4 forum.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72737

Best described by kohmickey

had my Milltek fitted by Vagtech last week and the difference is very noticeable, well worth the money.
I went for the FR 1.8T version and there are couple of things i would like to warn people of before they do the same thing:

The Rattle:
I had a rattling noise which when i took it back to Vagtech turned out to be because the way the tail pipe section sat, it was knocking against a bracket which holds the brake fluid line. I'm guessing that the extended exhaust system from Milltek would have avoided this problem.
I'm not sure if the bracket on my car was wrong as on the other drivers side it was smaller and a different shape but unless Vagtech hadn't "adapted" the bracket (30 mins work free of charge which they didn't have to do because I asked them to order the 1.8T FR version) thanks John, the only other thing to do would have been to move the tail pipe section back to compensate for this. If you read further you will see why that was not an option...

The Tailpipe:
As Ant FR said, the length of the Cupra bumper is different to the FR bumper which means that the tailpipe now sits flush on mine. (Moving the tailpipe section back to compensate for the rattle above would have made it sit stupidly too far back).
When Vagtech said that the whole system extends when warm (just as Big Boys Toys did to Ant FR) i was a bit dubious but when they showed me I saw they were obviously right, it extends about an inch which then makes it sit alot better. To the point where i am happy to leave it like it.

Conclusion:
So really if you have a Cupra and want to get a Milltek system get the extended Cupra version otherwise like some people have said, the FR one does fit and sounds great but you will have to put up with it sitting flush to the rear bumper until you start driving it for 10-15 mins and if your car is like mine there is that risk of it potentially knocking against the brake fluid line bracket and you might not have tuners as helpful as Vagtech who will sort it for you FOC!!

Last edited:

gazjones

you can get it to sit quite far out especially just cat back as you get the adaptor sleve and this allows you to move it out quite a bit the rallte can be sorted out in a few mins will look fine having the fr one on

gazjones

cool it sounds ace lol you going for fr type or the oval one?

gazjones

none thats what ive got resonated sounds ok but just not as good bunnin has resonated so you can see at the rolling road day! have you seen my vids with exhaust?

gazjones

same sort of sound just bit quieter really i would go none resonated personally i was in the same situation as you unsure but it stil makes me smile now!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Image012.jpg

Image011.jpg

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
probably can be moved slighly, but I think it was something to do with the hangers.

Tried moving it by giving it a shove, but it just goes back to its original position. Probably will get it seen to at some point, but it's not create a problem so far. I was worried that it may melt the plastic around the bumper end of the exhaust exit, but it hasn't. Had the system on the car for about 6-8 months now, maybe longer.

Will get it sorted on the 20k service along with a few other niggles

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise