mirror/reverse

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Hello to all.
I have a question.
I have a 2017 seat ateca ecomotive 1.6L tdi
the right mirror does not tilt down ,after shifting into reverse!
I don't know if I have the option or not?
any idea?
thanks

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Hello to all.
I have a question.
I have a 2017 seat ateca ecomotive 1.6L tdi
the right mirror does not tilt down ,after shifting into reverse!
I don't know if I have the option or not?
any idea?
thanks

If your car does have the the mirror tilt function, it needs to be set up first before it will work. Follow the tutorial in the video at the link below. The tutorial is for a Seat Leon, but the procedure for activating the tilting mirror function should be the same for your Ateca.

From your forum name and country flag in your signature, I'm assuming you’re in France and you have a left hand drive car. Therefore, if your car has the tilting mirror function, once you’ve set it up and assuming you want the mirror to tilt every time you select reverse gear, the mirror adjustment control needs to always point the ‘R’ for the kerbside mirror (for right hand drive cars, it needs to point to the ‘L’ for the kerbside mirror).

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Hello
very right! I am in France with left hand drive.
(the country of the strikes!!)
and electric rear view mirror, I tilted the right side with the button on reverse and engaged the reverse gear, same, no action of the right rear view mirror.
I will have my "vcds" cable next week, I will see, maybe an option to select?
thanks

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
R.jpg

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 71

Tell

Staff member
The motor needs to have a specific sensor in it to get it to steer. They don't fit them in all so if you do the mod it drifts with repeated use. I show the Obdeleven code on the normal Ateca pinned thread.

Now the OZ Don published a way of testing weather you have the correct mirror equipment, I called it the "Don test".

Follow the link:

My standard Ateca failed the test. Basically Seat stopped fitting these motors where they were sold without the feature. Either way you can read the positioning data and you know you have correct motor fitted, thanks to DV52 (Don).

I think you will find you are out of luck. Mine didn't have the positioning motor fitted that gives the extra wiggle to get it back as I understand it (servo). Over a period of use if you do the mod on one that's not kitted out with the correct motor they drift. You just have to reset after a period (10x of reversing or so).

It was a known issue with these Ateca sold without the mirror drop down were not designed to drop the mirror with precision and return. I only coded mine for the hell of it. If it's sold without mirror drop down it's unlikely to have the correct motor fitted. This is where Australia Don comes in since out there cars were arriving some some without the correct motor, some on left and right together. Hence his test.

I got 360 / Top View which does for grid line parking. Saves messing about. Got the garage white line sprayed as well. Buy the paint from Screwfix. Make a mould and bobs your uncle.

I put the Obdeleven coding for mirror dip on this thread. People like it if they come from a car with it but even if you had the correct motor I don't reckon the Ateca mirror shape and body height is useful to give you a good view down. It's worth a try. Some people find it useful although it drifts on the 2017 models atleast.

Last edited:

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
hello,
sorry for the late reply.
I was waiting for my vcds cable, I did a test to be sure
indeed no possibility to have this option !
not only the extra motor is not in the mirror, but also (what I read in another forum)
you also need the ECU for this type of operation
thank you all

Tell

Staff member
Takes a couple of minutes to enable however doesn't work on most atecas
The incorrect motor positioner rather than any ECU issue. The later was flagged up on another board but I guess it doesn't come with the RR part. It drifts with use on the 2017 Ateca if coded in. Where people came from Leon 3s they were use to it but it was found that atleast early, they were not kitted out with the correct part. The famous coding Don / DV52 has that test above. It was VWs in Australia where the issue was identified and the published test to check what was fitted. Question is if the correct part was fitted could it be got working by just simple coding ?.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.