Mirror Unfold on Engine Start

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Apologies if this subject has been covered previously. I have searched through the forum and can not find a definitive answer.

Can the Mirrors on a 2017 Cupra be coded to open on Engine Start as opposed to One Click of the Key Fob?

Currently I have Mirror Fold-in on one click locking of car and Mirror Fold-out on one click unlocking of the car.

What I want is, Mirror Fold-in on one click locking of the car and Mirror Fold-out on Engine Start.

There are times I go into my car to obtain items etc and Ideally I don't want the "excessive" mirror movements.

Anyone have this on their 2017 model Leon? If so how did you code it?

Deleted member 103408

Not my year model but on the Golf forum they say you can do this from the car settings menu (under mirror) have you tried those options to see if it helps.

Deleted member 103408

I will dig further to see if I can find anything, Do you have kessy fitted as some say thats how it works with Kessy

Reactions: Maypack

Steveo82

Jul 23, 2018
Not quite what you were asking @Maypack, but how do you activate one click folding in when locking? Is it just an in car menu option?

Deleted member 103408

@Maypack i have had a look around and on some VW Sites there is talk that older versions of the car did as you want but I cant find anybody who can confirm this. I have had a mess around with various settings but cant see anything obvious to change to give you what you want.

The only option I can give you is to change Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus from "by look command via remote control key " to the other option that way you can open and close the door when you want to pop in the car to get something.
Then when you want to open the door to drive off you hold the button down and when you leave the car you hold the button down to lock and close the mirror. Not ideal but it depends on how much you need to get in and out of your car.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
@Maypack i have had a look around and on some VW Sites there is talk that older versions of the car did as you want but I cant find anybody who can confirm this. I have had a mess around with various settings but cant see anything obvious to change to give you what you want.

The only option I can give you is to change Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus from "by look command via remote control key " to the other option that way you can open and close the door when you want to pop in the car to get something.
Then when you want to open the door to drive off you hold the button down and when you leave the car you hold the button down to lock and close the mirror. Not ideal but it depends on how much you need to get in and out of your car.

@theoldboy. Cheers for looking for me. I think I’ll just leave it as it is. Mirror unfold on ignition has its pros and cons and to be honest there are too many cons for me..I tend to use mirrors folded in as car is locked. If switched to unfold on ignition I could end up thinking my car is locked when it isn’t.

Thanks again.

Deleted member 103408

No problem but that is why you turn on the lock beep so you know its locked without having to look at it.

End of coding talk for 10 minutes

Reactions: Maypack

faw13

Sep 2, 2013

My old FR (MY2013) was working like that out of the factory, i got one click fold enabled via VCDS and open the mirrors by ignition was the cars default.
My new car (MY2017 FR) works only with lock, so when I unlock the car, it also opens the mirrors.

Deleted member 103408

I have found code that is reported as working for this but it only seems to work if you have kessy.

Still looking for non kessy code.

Zai

Jun 20, 2018
I have found code that is reported as working for this but it only seems to work if you have kessy.

Still looking for non kessy code.
One click fold and unfold on ignition? Mind posting the code in that case? Sounds like the ideal way for the folding mirrors to operate imo and would very much like to try it out once I've picked my car up.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise