Missing front fog lights

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Needs extra cooling so they didn't put fogs in.

Yes, presumably the additional cooling in the Leon Cupra is the same as the VW Golf R which also doesn’t have front fog lights.

In the Golf R, when sitting in the car, behind the R/H side grille there’s a small additional radiator for auxiliary engine cooling and for cars with DSG transmission, there’s a DSG cooler behind the L/H side grille.

stutro

Apr 20, 2016
Surely they would make room for them as its like a safety feature these days and also for cornering lighting too.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Front fog lights are entirely optional, whereas sufficient cooling is something you really can't live without for long.

In nearly four years of ownership of my current car, I can’t remember the last time I used my front fog lights - if ever, other than to switch them on after just getting the car to check they worked.

I could live without the front cornering lights too (I drove for nearly 40 years without them on previous cars) - I find the light output from the headlights good enough to see with when making low speed cornering manoeuvres after dark.

Reactions: kazand

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I have to say, after having a couple of cars previously with 'cornering' fogs, the LED ones on SWMBO's Leon have been the only ones that have been actually worth having.

stutro

Apr 20, 2016
Yeah I've got a f/l with them having had a 280 & 290 that didn't. Never use them .
Yes Ive never really used them on my last cars. Just wondered if people have retro fitted them. How does it work on existing headlights? Do you get a corner g function with them rather than fogs??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members