mk 2 ibiza heater dials light up??

gaz2002

Aug 30, 2010
yorkshire
hi all

a quick question. should the 3 heater dial/switches light up and light up around them?? just that mine dont when lights are on and sometimes forget the settings lol. and if so how would i change the bulbs if this is to be the case??

cheers

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Well I never had lights light up in there, as a matter of fact, the only interior lights I have are rear window heater and my RPM dial... (Speedo light holder is kind of broken so light is falling out even though I taped it back in 3 times). You got a pre-facelift one?

Wouldn't worry too much about it. Maybe only facelifts have lights in there...

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
yes they do but only through plastic optics from a small bulb

there's a white cover clips over the back of the controls with a very small capless bulb in it

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
yes they do but only through plastic optics from a small bulb

there's a white cover clips over the back of the controls with a very small capless bulb in it

I threw an old heater control unit out which was knackered and took the bulb out to keep as a spare and I couldnt believe how small it was :blink:.

Didnt think it would be that small!! :wtf:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
works by bending light through the spiders web of clear plastic attatched to the rear

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
unclip the dial surround (thin summat under bottom corners help) but dont let it twist too much if you can or you'll pop out the clear plastic that directs all the light :)

couple of screws at the bottom to release the tray/window switch panel

then you can either reach in blind and try and unclip the white shroud from the back or undo all 4 screws and push the heater panel in and down to get better access

either way it's a small 1/4 capless bulb (1.2w?) inside the shroud

iirc you can get higher wattage (brighter) versions too

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members