MK1 Leon fr tdi remapped V Ibiza cupra tdi remapped

Oct 12, 2005
I dunno if this has been done before but who would win it. Would the ibiza blow the leon away because of weight difference etc. What do you lot reckon?

Ta

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Same engine so surely after map they're same power?

I agree with thebeno (fark!) though I wouldn't like a Beeza on the motorway and you also get more for your money when buying a family car and not a shopping trolley.

Oct 12, 2005
I used to have a leon fr tdi with revo and now have an ibiza cupra tdi with custom code. Both have there good and bad points. I much prefere the handling of the Ibiza and the standard kit it comes with such as AP brakes and seat sport intercooler and very good. I do prefere the overall look of the leon but feel the ibiza is much more driver focused. Some people say the ride is to firm but I like this. My remapped ibiza feels considerably more capable than the leon esp at top end. Both great cars and I do miss my leon but love the ibiza. Its good to say I have owned both.

Oct 12, 2005
Same engine so surely after map they're same power?

I agree with thebeno (fark!) though I wouldn't like a Beeza on the motorway and you also get more for your money when buying a family car and not a shopping trolley.

I always drive my beezer on motorway and have no problems at all. Find it comfortable. Also had the leon fr and found that bounced about and rolled.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members