Mk1 Polo Project

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
Well yesterday we got a bit done on it. All the glass is out now, and the engine is almost ready to come out but we didnt have the tool for the driveshafts :doh:

(sorry for phone pics)

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

a bit of the rust! mostly surface here, worst bit though is the battery tray
DSC00049.jpg

plenty more of this to come :headhurt:
DSC00050.jpg

slowly building up the parts heap!
DSC00047.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow we can get the rear suspension off and finish scraping down the inner wings/arches

Comments welcome!

gazjones

i wish i had a garage that big!!!!!!! and your getting on with it pretty quick

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Get it all seam welded and painted up. Then we can really see its transformation. :D

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
how comes I missed this thread for so long????

This project seems very cool, tbh it's the first time I see an mk1 polo project,,,
It's unbelievable the state the car is after 30 years!

please keep the pics coming, I'm very interested [and yes, me too I wish I had a bigger garage,,,]

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
what's with the camo net? are you al-queda?

but just wondering why you've rolled it (or is it because like me you get bored & do stuff like that)

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
Cool project, my first car was a 78 T reg Mars Red Polo L with the 895cc HA engine. Mine had chrome bumpers, and I loweed it on Mk1 Golf GTI 9 spokes, unfortunately I wrote it off about 11 years ago.

I still miss it, my mum had owned it from new, and when I got it, it had only done about 29k miles.

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
what's with the camo net? are you al-queda?

but just wondering why you've rolled it (or is it because like me you get bored & do stuff like that)

Shhhhhhhh.... yes i'm al-queda!

We rolled it mainly to check out the rust situation underneath, to weld, and to grind the rest back and reseal. Though yes I admit, I was slightly bored :whistle: The shell is so light I couldnt resist!

Heh like it - coming along nicely that. I hope that's a good mattress, a 1977 car needs a good rest!

Edit: is the camo net to stop bird **** from hitting you and the car?

My brother put the camo net up ages ago before the car was bought, though actually it does act as a sort of safety net from things dropping through/from the roof!

I guess that rocker cover need a bit of polishing,,,

Ofcourse!!

i saw a MK1 on the road this morning, gold one didnt look too nice, but a rare sight now and when i saw it i thought of your project.....

Awesome, I've never seen another on the roads! I do like that gold colour they came in.

Cool project, my first car was a 78 T reg Mars Red Polo L with the 895cc HA engine. Mine had chrome bumpers, and I loweed it on Mk1 Golf GTI 9 spokes, unfortunately I wrote it off about 11 years ago.

I still miss it, my mum had owned it from new, and when I got it, it had only done about 29k miles.

Quality! sadly mine wont be staying mars red....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise