mk2 gti 8v engine problem

I-beaver

hi guys found similar post related to my problem but not quite what im looking for!!

recently got a mk2 gti 8v n realized whenever u start the car its really lumpy to start but then it idles fine.

also realized when im driving in third gear around 1700 to 2300 revs it kangaroos a little bit. BUT then tonight it started to kanagroo in any gear at any revs but i realized it only does it if i have my foot on the throttle, dont matter how hard i press it, long as its pressed, it kangaroos!!!! :wtf:

could it be down to engine timing?? air/fuel spply or mixture??

PLEASE HELP!!

vngtx

mine used to do this when water got into the intake from driving in the rain.

Jun 14, 2009
Sounds like there is water in the engine, i guess you can hope that the dampness will clear up and engine will be good as before. You could try spraying some WD40 around the engine area, and maybe check the throttle head below air intake to see if it opens/closes properly (pull the cable to see if it is smooth and not stiff).

Also, a faulty cylinder can also cause engine to 'kangaroo', and you can usually tell as engine produces a rougher noise and sudden loss of power. Check spark plugs and rotor arm for any traces of wear and tear and replace/clean as required.

Jun 14, 2009
If none of the above seems to work then it could be a bigger problem with the internals of the engine, in which case you are better taking it to a garage to try and diagnose the problem better.

I-beaver

many thanks guys think i found the fault to the kangarooing which i believe are the plugs and leads, head piece on the plug is snapped and stuck in the lead and causing plugs not to spark properly.... easy fix eh!!??

but then just now on the way back from a lite up car park engine decided that it didnt want any oil in it and sprayed out! not sure where from but its from back of the engine somewhere =[

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise