mk2 ibiza vr6 - soon to be turbo'd

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
think its about time i put some pics up of my ibiza seen as tho i have been on here for a while now and the car has been running the vr6 nearly 2 years now:D

i will just copy and paste a thread from another forum

this is my 99 seat ibiza

it started off as this
DSC00138.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

then this happened
DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

then this
DSC00005.jpg

Hubs.jpg

Discaxel.jpg

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
i have finally had the car repainted and replaced the original sport interior with a half leather trim from a cupra, i have also painted my porsche teledials ready to put on when i pull my finger out and buy tyres and adaptors

Splitter.jpg

Ibizaroof.jpg

Rearene.jpg

Sidenew.jpg

Black.jpg

Leather.jpg

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
i have also had the engine back out and replaced all the chains, guides and tensioners and replaced the cams with doherty 268s,the flywheel for a lightened and balanced one,and also fitted a ported and polished throttle body

Readyforlift.jpg

Flywheel.jpg

Fly.jpg

Cams.jpg

Tb1a.jpg

D.jpg

Crack.jpg

cracked guide^^^^
Fookedguide.jpg

^^^worn tensioner
Sumpbolt.jpg

feckin speed bumps

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
also fitted twin spal slimline fans and painted the rocker cover and inlet manifold(which i am gonna redo in gloss black)

F.jpg

Paintedrocker.jpg

C.jpg

Rockeron.jpg

Inleton.jpg

Fans.jpg

Slimline.jpg

Blackin2.jpg

just need to tidy the bay up a little now i think

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
and thats not all [lol]

i replaced the wishbones with powder coated ones with polybushes,polybushed droplinks and eibach antiroll bars(still need to fit the rear one yet)

Polybush.jpg

Droplinks.jpg

Wishbones.jpg

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
i bought these last month
GREENINJECTORS.jpg

headspacerandgasket.jpg

i have also just bought a gt32 turbo,exhaust manifold,downpipe, wastegate,dv, uprated fuel pump and intercooler

thanks for looking, any questions,comments or critisism welcome as i know it wont be everyones cup of tea:D

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
yes all the work was done by myself and help from a friend, i am planning on doing the turbo after vw festival at leeds in august, by then i should have most if not all the parts i need

cheers dave

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
auto pron - saw a red vento the other day all tidy and sounded oooh so sweet, can't wait to see this one in action

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Looking very good matey, giving me even more inspiration to get off my arse and do the Cordoba VR6 I've been talking about for years :lol:

The turbo'd Vento VR6 is awesome, saw it at Inters/E38 last year... :thumbup:

I'm half tempted to go down the S/C route as and when I do get round to doing mine.... mainly due to the noise... :D

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
looked in to the supercharger route for a while and altho i love the sound i just wanted the big kick u get from a turbo

and as a bonus i already own a corrado g60 that sounds like a fighter plane running about 250bhp

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise