Mk2 Leon cruise control issue..

Jan 2, 2020
Good evening,

This is my first post on here as I just joined tonight! I’m hoping I may find the solution to my issue on here. My cruise control does not work. No light when switching it on. I have plugged it in and looked at all the inputs. I was getting all inputs from clutch, brake switch (both signals), speed setting, speed, but the switch would only give a reading when switched to ‘cancel’. installed a new stalk as I believed that would solve it but still the same any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Good evening,

This is my first post on here as I just joined tonight! I’m hoping I may find the solution to my issue on here. My cruise control does not work. No light when switching it on. I have plugged it in and looked at all the inputs. I was getting all inputs from clutch, brake switch (both signals), speed setting, speed, but the switch would only give a reading when switched to ‘cancel’. installed a new stalk as I believed that would solve it but still the same any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!
You dont get a cruise control light on the mk2 unless you have the large mfd (large screen in the rev counter). There is no light to tell you the cruise control is active if you have the smaller screen in the rev counter.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jester

Aug 17, 2018
Also and just in case you're not familiar with it, just turning it on with the stalk top lever only arms it, you then need to hold speed up or down switch end of stalk briefly for it to activate.

Reactions: Brimfull
Jan 2, 2020
Thanks for your reply,

I know you must use the speed settings on eve turned on to actually activate the cruise control and you just be doing at least 30mph also.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members