MK3 facelift LED headlight differences

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Evening all,

Long time lurker but not poster so apologies for that. I've just bought a damaged 2018 Leon ST FR with the front end missing from the slam panel forwards. Luckily it came with 1 headlight in the boot but I have a question about the part numbers for the facelift LED lights.

The part number I have is 5f2 941 007F, so I could obviously buy a 5f2 941 008F. However, I've seen later revisions such as 5f2 941 008J and completely different 5f2 941 774 A and I'm not sure if either of these will work. They're both facelift LED headlights and look the same, is it to do with adaptive/dynamic or some other fancier spec than regular full LED?

Thanks in advance!

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Evening all,

Long time lurker but not poster so apologies for that. I've just bought a damaged 2018 Leon ST FR with the front end missing from the slam panel forwards. Luckily it came with 1 headlight in the boot but I have a question about the part numbers for the facelift LED lights.

The part number I have is 5f2 941 007F, so I could obviously buy a 5f2 941 008F. However, I've seen later revisions such as 5f2 941 008J and completely different 5f2 941 774 A and I'm not sure if either of these will work. They're both facelift LED headlights and look the same, is it to do with adaptive/dynamic or some other fancier spec than regular full LED?

Thanks in advance!
The end letter just means revision a is the oldest all the way up to the newest in alphabetical order. Its the Same headlight, its just the lastest updated part.

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
The end letter just means revision a is the oldest all the way up to the newest in alphabetical order. Its the Same headlight, its just the lastest updated part.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately in this case the revision letter is significant in at least some instances as revision A is for a pre facelift so although it will physically fit on a facelift Leon, it is completely different internally. This is why I am trying to find the difference between the F and J revision. From what I can gather there are only 3 variations, A, F and J. as A is pre facelift and F is facelift, I wasn't sure if J was some form of dynamic or higher spec than the tech pack/basic full LED headlight.

Either way I had a J revision headlight (5F2941008J) delivered today, I swapped my control module onto it from the other side headlight and all the functions worked. I have ordered another control module so it will be interesting to see if I have any range control faults once this arrives.

Cheers

Reactions: Walone

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately in this case the revision letter is significant in at least some instances as revision A is for a pre facelift so although it will physically fit on a facelift Leon, it is completely different internally. This is why I am trying to find the difference between the F and J revision. From what I can gather there are only 3 variations, A, F and J. as A is pre facelift and F is facelift, I wasn't sure if J was some form of dynamic or higher spec than the tech pack/basic full LED headlight.

Either way I had a J revision headlight (5F2941008J) delivered today, I swapped my control module onto it from the other side headlight and all the functions worked. I have ordered another control module so it will be interesting to see if I have any range control faults once this arrives.

Cheers
I stand corrected then sorry 🤗. Glad you got the result you needed.

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
I stand corrected then sorry 🤗. Glad you got the result you needed.
We shall see haha! Fingers crossed the later revision works fine, I'll update the thread once I have 2 LED control modules and see if I have any lighting faults. If that's all clear then it will confirm that revision F and J are cross compatible. Cheers

CRZ13

Oct 13, 2015
We shall see haha! Fingers crossed the later revision works fine, I'll update the thread once I have 2 LED control modules and see if I have any lighting faults. If that's all clear then it will confirm that revision F and J are cross compatible. Cheers
Hi, im in a similar scenario as iv also bought a damaged 2017 leon fr 3dr

how did you get on repairing yours?
Do you know if the slam panel is the same across all models and years of the MK3 leon?

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Hi, im in a similar scenario as iv also bought a damaged 2017 leon fr 3dr

how did you get on repairing yours?
Do you know if the slam panel is the same across all models and years of the MK3 leon?

I'm still working on mine as I am also doing engine and gearbox swap at the same time. I have sorted the headlights out though. One of my headlights ends in F (original) and the one I purchased ended in J, both work perfectly I just had some issues with the control module for the headlight I bought as it didn't come with one. I purchased one on the part number alone and was not aware that it would need parameterising if it was off of a different car (lots of cars use the same LED modules). Ironically on Sunday morning I purchased another LED module from a 2018 Cupra which has just arrived and now both headlights work and my headlight range fault has gone.

As East Yorkshire Retrofits said above, if you get the wrong LED module, they can parameterise it for you.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members