Mk3 fr speakers

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
How do you know that there is a subwoofer in the centre of the dash, have you seen it?

speaker or subwoofer is the connection wrapped in the loom for not seat sound cars ?
i can not find it and i don't want to yank on the wires i can see incase there in something i will need

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walone View Post
How do you know that there is a subwoofer in the centre of the dash, have you seen it?

speaker or subwoofer is the connection wrapped in the loom for not seat sound cars ?
i can not find it and i don't want to yank on the wires i can see incase there in something i will need

My question you have quoted was for Speedblade.

With regard to your query I am pretty sure the wiring for adding Seat Sound is not already in the cars without Seat Sound, I think there is a post somewhere on the forum about adding Seat Sound.

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
I find the bass really boomy but i do agree with sounds better than the bose in mazda's i was amazed at how poor that system sounds. .
I'm surprised by that. I had a 2005 Mazda 6 Sport with the Bose and I thought it was brilliant. I now have a Leon with the Seat Sound and it's not a patch on the Bose.

Having said that, I listen to a lot of Classical music. The Bose could handle a big loud symphony and brought the music alive, but the Seat struggles - it can sound very muddled. But symphonies are a challenge for audio systems — you can be have up to 80 separate instruments playing at the same time!

I always felt that the Bose in the 6 was designed with classical music in mind — but the Seat probably sounds best playing "urban" music.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Best sound systems in cars that I've heard (that I can afford) in this order is the HK system in the latest Mini, the Bose in Audi A1 and the Dynaudio in the Golf.

Also been in an Audi A5 with I can't remember what, I think it was B&O (tweeters rise up from the dash). That one was fantastic, but of course out of my budget... it might have been an A7...can't remember...it was 5 doors and looked like a squashed sedan.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I've put a sub in my car with a stock headunit I have a Seat Cupra 290 mk3, you get a bit of interference but that is expected from a complex system there is alot of different things wired to the stereo.
I must say the speakers in the car already are good the best standard speakers I've heard in a car but that doesn't mean you can't make it even better, I want to upgrade my door speakers aswell.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I had a 2005 Mazda 6 Sport with the Bose and I thought it was brilliant. I now have a Leon with the Seat Sound and it's not a patch on the Bose.

I had a 2006 Maza6 with the Bose and, while I didn't think the Bose system was very good, it was a lot better than the standard (non-SS) stereo in my Leon SE.

I don't think car stereos are getting better at all. Some of the stereos that came standard with old Fords etc were really good. Today we've got more speakers, more tech etc but I don't actually think the sound quality is any better, and often it's worse.

The stereo in my Ibiza FR is slightly better than the Leon I'd say.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Does anyone know the size of the front and rear door speakers in a cupra 290 mk3 2016?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The front door ones are 200mm dia, 4ohms, 50Hz-6khz, held on with 4 screws, the rears are 168mm dia, 4ohms, 55hz-12.5khz,held on with 3 screws, the rear door tweeters are 25mm dia, 4ohms, 4.5khz-20khz, they are 'glued' in place.
The front tweeters are on the 'A' pillars, 32mm dia, 4ohm, 1khz-20khz, also 'glued' in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rainman
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise