Mk3 leon

Poverty

9 months from now,

Cupra R version rumoured to be the 2nd 4wd SEAT model ever on sale, and to be fitted with a 2.5 liter 5 cylinder turbo engine making 302hp. :)

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
believe it when i see it. heard this about 6 months ago about the new cupra r that has just been released and shock it still only has front wheel drive. besides i cant see audi giving themselves competition

Poverty

I heard its because the guy who used to run quattro gmbh, the people who do the Audi RS models has been put in charge of SEAT, to try and turn their fortunes around, a bit like how audi went from being seen as 2nd tier compared to mb and bmw to what they are today.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I thought it was not due until late 2011 for retail sale or is that a preview in 9 months prior to sale? I assume the FR and Cupra will follow a year later :confused:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I don't think Audi will let Seat produce a 300HP 4x4 Leon. If they do nobody would buy an Audi RS3 or a Golf R32. If the MK3 Leon range topper has anything better than the current Cupra R other than a few bits and bobs in the interior I will be shocked.

Poverty

World premier in 9 months, basically toned down version of the ibera. It will feature a kers system which will add 150kg to the wieght, but will be offset by the use of an all aliminium chassis.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
well if this is true i will be having one for sure. if it comes with a dsg box then even better. looks like i have got something to save for. as long as it doesnt look like a bag of shi7e then it sounds like a cracking car, and if its an audi guy in charge now in sure it will be styled pretty well too

Leonidas

World premier in 9 months, basically toned down version of the ibera. It will feature a kers system which will add 150kg to the wieght, but will be offset by the use of an all aliminium chassis.

the ibera??

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

sounds interesting but how do you set the lap up so it regenerates after going past the start line? :p :roflmao::dance:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i do have to say unless they are commited to a 2.5 litre engine i would have thought they would have gone the opposite way ala 1.4 turbo and supercharged , for fuel economy and better emmisions?

Leonidas

Whats wrong with the 2.0TSi?? They probably develop one with valvelift tech and about 280bhp and lots of torque ...

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
either way their launching the K2 in June july time this year so the market will get flooded again with owners buying them.

Poverty

Whats wrong with the 2.0TSi?? They probably develop one with valvelift tech and about 280bhp and lots of torque ...

The 2.0T will remain the main workhorse engine. The next gen high performance models from SEAT, VW will use the detuned TTRS unit however.

It will feature the latest gen haldex which can distribute power as necessary to the individual wheels. DSG will also be an option. WMI will also feature as standard and ron boosts.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise