MK3 Snow Performance (UK)

squidie

Sep 16, 2015
England
Anyone had much experience with the MK3 in snow since they came out? Last time I think we had bad snow in the UK in the North was early 2013.

hutchy14

Dec 30, 2013
I have snow today and drove my 280 in it for the first time. Seemed to cope ok, few slips and slides but nothing too bad and to be expected with not running winter tyres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I've run my Stage2 MK2 FR TDI and Stage2+ MK2 LCR in the snow with summer tyres without any issues so execting the Stage2 MK3 Cupra 280 to be the same.

Mk3 Se

Dec 1, 2015
2013 SE TSi 140 PS. Its fitted with Kleber Quadraxer all season tyres on steel rims for the winter and on the occasions I have driven in the snow its been as good as any modern, reasonably powerful FWD car of fairly wide tyres can be expected to be. Never been stuck on our street that is never cleared or gritted so nothing to complain about really.

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
Toyo snowprox on mine and enjoyed using the outside lane on the motorway and all the untreated country roads covered in 4 inches of snow a few weeks ago. Car felt really stable. Great fun driving past other motorists who are stuck

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise