mk4 ages questions

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
Im trading in my mk4 to the same dealer network that sold me it due to it being a lemon.
its going in for another mk4 fr pd130 evactly same as my current one just a 08 plate on far fewer miles.
I was just wondering are there any parts that wont be noticed missing that may be on my 55 plate fr that wont be on the 08. so i can remove them and put them on the new car, im not worried about the dealer btw as they knew the car was a lemon when i bought it and ive had a on going fued with them ever since.

Ive heared new frs dont have the engine covers is this true as thats the kind of part i could easily swap.

thanks in advance for anyone with any suggestions.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Im trading in my mk4 to the same dealer network that sold me it due to it being a lemon.
its going in for another mk4 fr pd130 evactly same as my current one just a 08 plate on far fewer miles.
I was just wondering are there any parts that wont be noticed missing that may be on my 55 plate fr that wont be on the 08. so i can remove them and put them on the new car, im not worried about the dealer btw as they knew the car was a lemon when i bought it and ive had a on going fued with them ever since.

Ive heared new frs dont have the engine covers is this true as thats the kind of part i could easily swap.

thanks in advance for anyone with any suggestions.

Main things that seem to go missing are :

Engine cover
Glove box light
Boot light
Centre sun visor

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
engine cover probably, but centre sun visor cannot be fitted on latter ones as you get a differen headlining and also the tint on the screen.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
engine cover probably, but centre sun visor cannot be fitted on latter ones as you get a differen headlining and also the tint on the screen.

you can fit the centre sun visor...mine didnt have it, but i fitted one that a chap on here gave me!

boot light, glove box light..little storage thing under the driver seat (i dont have that, but know others that do!) chrome surrounds on the vents and gear lever if you had them...

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
you can fit the centre sun visor...mine didnt have it, but i fitted one that a chap on here gave me!

boot light, glove box light..little storage thing under the driver seat (i dont have that, but know others that do!) chrome surrounds on the vents and gear lever if you had them...

can you remove the storage thing under the seat or is it part of the seat? as my car has mone but the new car i noticed doesnt.

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
not sure! mine doesnt. Is your old car a pre facelift and your new one A FACELIFT?

Yes im swaping in my pre facelift fr for a facelift, I just went out and managed to remove 2 of the 3 retaining screws for the storage box the 3rd is harder to get to without removing the seat. im getting my tools together and im going to try a bit of improvisation in a moment.

I was wondering though if someone with a ibiza without the storage tray would pop to the car to let me know if the cowling around there drivers seat or if its just a blanking plate where the drawr should be? as I need to know weather its just the drawr i would need or the whole of the coling that goes up both sides of the seat. if its the latter ill be forced to leave it there as i cant go taking all the interior trim lmao.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Yes im swaping in my pre facelift fr for a facelift, I just went out and managed to remove 2 of the 3 retaining screws for the storage box the 3rd is harder to get to without removing the seat. im getting my tools together and im going to try a bit of improvisation in a moment.

I was wondering though if someone with a ibiza without the storage tray would pop to the car to let me know if the cowling around there drivers seat or if its just a blanking plate where the drawr should be? as I need to know weather its just the drawr i would need or the whole of the coling that goes up both sides of the seat. if its the latter ill be forced to leave it there as i cant go taking all the interior trim lmao.

think thats it mate....i have a facelift and have no storage bit....just a blanking plate...not draw or anything behind it...where as people i know who do have the storage bit have prefacelift ones..

what facelift you getting?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East

ask and you shall recieve

P1020895.jpg

P1020896.jpg

p.s. i know its on back to front

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
think thats it mate....i have a facelift and have no storage bit....just a blanking plate...not draw or anything behind it...where as people i know who do have the storage bit have prefacelift ones..

what facelift you getting?

A met grey fr 08 plate looks more silver to me though lol. what I mean by the blanking plate is the section in the midle the same size as the drawr would be?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
A met grey fr 08 plate looks more silver to me though lol. what I mean by the blanking plate is the section in the midle the same size as the drawr would be?

sounds nice...is it my colour or darker?

mine is luna gray...but they did a zenith gray which was darker.

I will look at lunch mate for you

Last edited:

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
sounds nice...is it my colour or darker?

mine is luna gray...but they did a platiunum gray which was darker.

I will look at lunch mate for you

It looks the same as yours its a very light grey. nice colour though I tought it was silver at first glance. and thanks alot :) ill hold off removing it just incase for now then.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
It looks the same as yours its a very light grey. nice colour though I tought it was silver at first glance. and thanks alot :) ill hold off removing it just incase for now then.

yea..its luna gray..but it is silver...great colour loooks clean all the time

looks good with darker original alloys too hahaha

dicky FR

Jul 26, 2009
Ebbw Vale, South Wales
yea..its luna gray..but it is silver...great colour loooks clean all the time

looks good with darker original alloys too hahaha

mines got black standard alloys but ive got a set of audi tt comp alloys here that are refurbed in gunmetal grey so think im going to put them on along with the coilovers i have sat on my bedroom floor lol.

a little update i have the drawr out now i ended up removing the seat just pondering weather to take the plastics that run up the side of the seat just incase the new cars is diferent.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
haha of course......awe no probz at all bud.

ooft pricey, stinks that ur mods gotta go on hold for these bast***s that cant drive..life sucks at times eh.

tell me about it!

just think that money would be half way to coilies....or at least xmas presnets for someone!

oh well...c'est la vie!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.