mk4 cupra faults

yesterday my engine management light come on so today went to the dealer and had the faults printed out for me they said they need to look into it further and they would book me in next week.
just wondering if anybody is familiar with the following faults and what may have created them.

1st fault
16395 p0011 035
A camshaft position (bank1)
timing over-advanced or system performance sporadic

2nd fault
16795 p0411 035
sec.air inj.sys.
incorrect flow detected

just hoping its nothing i have done if so i want to rectify it before it goes to the dealers as i still have warrenty and obviously dont want to pay. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

might have to put that back to normal before it goes to the dealer then.
i had already done the n249 bypass but not the bit that ts off to the elctrical unit bit so that was still connected untill wednesday when i installed the boost guage which from that point on it was dv to boost guage to inlet manifold.

would taking the battery earth off clear the faults if they have been rectifyied?
as im wondering if i turned the ignition on when the intercooler was off creating a log of faults :shrug: just cant remember if i did or not.
(edit) creating a log of faults as there was electrical connections not connected.

Last edited:
More info for you:
Fault:16395/p0011 Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)

Possible Symptoms
  • Power Loss
Possible Causes
  • Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205) faulty
  • Fuel Pump Relay (J17) faulty

Fault: 16795/P0411/001041 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected

Possible Symptoms
  • Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
Possible Causes
  • Hoses/Pipes to/between Components faulty/clogged
  • Secondary Air Injection Pump (V101) faulty
  • Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay (J299) faulty
  • Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (N112) faulty

no remap still got standard power.
i dont understand why i would get this fault as so many others have done the bypass and left the electrical connetion connected without any faults.
but if it is then i will have to disconnect my guage again as it seems its since i fitted that as before i had the guage fitted i had the n249 semi plumped in so the pipes were still doing there job.

if i had a laptop with vagcom right now i would reconnect it all to standard delete the faults and see what happens.

More info for you:
Fault:16395/p0011 Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)

Possible Symptoms
  • Power Loss
Possible Causes
  • Camshaft Adjustment Valve 1 (N205) faulty

Fault: 16795/P0411/001041 - Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected

Possible Symptoms
  • Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
Possible Causes
  • Hoses/Pipes to/between Components faulty/clogged
  • Secondary Air Injection Pump (V101) faulty
  • Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay (J299) faulty
  • Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (N112) faulty

thanks buddy.
so could it be somthing as simple as a fuse as it says fuel pump relay?
i dont seem to have any power loss that im aware of anyway.

i may have had the ignition on to the point of the lights illuminating without engine running when the ic was off just cant remember.
if i reconnect my n249 to standard then disconnect the battery for 15mins would that delete the faults or is that just wishfull thinking?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Any fault codes will still be logged even if you disconnect the battery for a few mins.

It might take the CEL light away though..