Mk4 Facelift Ibiza Cupra - Interior Changes?

CupraRuss

Hi folks,

I currently have a Fiesta ST, but am about to change to an Ibiza Cupra TDi as my mileage has shot up recently.

I have found a 56 plate one for £11k which fits the bill, but I am unable to find out if the interior of the Cupra was changed when the rest of the range was updated.

Does anyone know if it is different, and if so, what the changes are please? A pic would be great... ;) Also, are there any external differences?

I thought the car was great BTW - superb build, comfort (if a little 'crashy from the suspension), and wow... nice brakes! When I got back into my ST it felt as though I didn't have any brakes!!

Thanks for your time,

Russ.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
The only exterior change is the Cupra badges on the B-Pillar i think. Mine has pop-out rear windows too, whereas my 55-plate didn't but that could have just been an option the last owner specced.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
These are pics from the latest Cupra:

DSCN3539.jpg

cupraSteeringWheel.jpg

CupraSeatLogo.jpg

The Cupra before 56/07 plates had different Cupra branding on the gear knob, seats etc. as well as no B pillar badges, no shiny handbrake button, no delayed windscreen wipe (where it does an extra wipe a couple of seconds after the first one - really annoying), no MP3 Alana, no aux in socket (ESP button on the other side), different wheel centre caps, no aero wipers

Last edited:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
The Cupra before 56/07 plates had different Cupra branding on the gear knob, seats etc. as well as no B pillar badges, no shiny handbrake button, no delayed windscreen wipe (where it does an extra wipe a couple of seconds after the first one - really annoying), no MP3 Alana, no aux in socket (ESP button on the other side), different wheel centre caps, no aero wipers

My 06 plate had the B pillar badges (until I took them off), the delayed wipe, aero wipers, but no MP3 Alana, steering wheel controls or AUX in socket. :shrug:

CupraRuss

These are pics from the latest Cupra:

Thanks Kriso - this is spot on :clap:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
My 06 plate had the B pillar badges (until I took them off), the delayed wipe, aero wipers, but no MP3 Alana, steering wheel controls or AUX in socket. :shrug:

Oh yea those bits were on the second generation Cupra aswell as the third. But not on the 1st gen. The one in the 2006/2007 brochure has the original Cupra branding but with the steering wheel controls and B-pillar badges (a combination of 2nd and 3rd generation). It also has different chrome pedals to most Cupras I have seen. Looks like there have been more changes to the Cupra over the years! It's just luck as to what features you get :)

Can the OEM Xenons be retro fitted?

Yes but you are meant to have washers for them aswell, which is why they aren't an option on the Cupra (the intercooler hose gets in the way of where the washer would be mounted inside the bumper).

mikectr

Does anyone know the part number for that gear knob pictured above? Had a look on the seat site but cant see it anywhere as I suppose its not a add on.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.