Mk4 Locking nuts

Velociraptor

Just got my OZ Superturismo GTs 17" for my ibiza mk4 08. After searching on ebay and other online shops for locking nuts I've seen M12 x 1.5, M14 x 1.5 and M12 x 2.0 all advertised as correct for ibiza 02 and onwards? :confused: I'm confused as to a which size is correct...

Considering I've bought after market wheels I'd also like to know if this changes anything? The ET is still 35 and the stud patterns the same, but the rim width is now 7.5

Finally any opinions on which nuts are best, like locks or McGuard etc ... would be welcomed! Thanks,

Dave

jtonline

www.jtonline.info
My aftermarket alloys have DOTZ M14 x 1.5 locking bolts if that's any help. The supplier of my wheels provided replacement wheel bolts, locking bolts & spigot rings to suit the wheel and hub.

The installation leaflet that came with the locking bolts says "Compare the original nut/bolt against the wheel lock to ensure the shaft length and seating are correct prior to fitting".

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My aftermarket alloys have DOTZ M14 x 1.5 locking bolts if that's any help. The supplier of my wheels provided replacement wheel bolts, locking bolts & spigot rings to suit the wheel and hub.

The installation leaflet that came with the locking bolts says "Compare the original nut/bolt against the wheel lock to ensure the shaft length and seating are correct prior to fitting".

M14 fixing bolt fixes is correct for 6L Ibiza M12 fixing bolts are correct for 6K Ibiza (previous model)

robepton

Practical performance!!!!
Dec 27, 2008
peterborough
As above. I'm sure the thread is M14 * 1.5. You need to make sure the head of the bolt is right as well!

If ya in doubt you can always take one off at halfrauds. Tell ya want a locking bolt to match and when it don't fit you can get it changed there and then.

I've been told that McGard are really good quality. They originally just made locking bolts for bmw and mercedes and you can also register them bolts so that if ya loose the key you can get a new one made up.

Trilock seem to be favoured more on the jap seen and I've heard about people snapping the heads off or breaking the keys. Not worth the heart ache.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
As above. I'm sure the thread is M14 * 1.5. You need to make sure the head of the bolt is right as well!

If ya in doubt you can always take one off at halfrauds. Tell ya want a locking bolt to match and when it don't fit you can get it changed there and then.

I've been told that McGard are really good quality. They originally just made locking bolts for bmw and mercedes and you can also register them bolts so that if ya loose the key you can get a new one made up.

Trilock seem to be favoured more on the jap seen and I've heard about people snapping the heads off or breaking the keys. Not worth the heart ache.

I also think that McGard should be the ones, I've only ever bought the VAG ones though - they have splined heads - the code is the number of spines on the head - they can be forced off using these alloy locking bolt removal "sockets" - to get a McGard off might require something a lot more destructive - should you ever need to force them off. You could take the line that the VAG splined ones will save your wheels 99 times out of a 100 - and the wheel thiefs would try else where - or that 999 times out of a 1000 the McGard ones would save your wheels - but if they ever got stuck then your wheel(s) will get trashed if it needs removing!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.