Mk5 Clutch pedal - low biting point

SaracenUK

Aug 28, 2010
The wifes 2014 Mk5 Ibiza FR (38k miles) is experiencing a very low bite point on the clutch, about 1inch off the floor. Also it feels like there is a lot of free play when the pedal is at rest at the top. There is no slip or anything but engaging gears feels less smooth than I remember.
Can it be adjusted ?
If not, likely cause ?

SaracenUK

Aug 28, 2010
The wifes 2014 Mk5 Ibiza FR (38k miles) is experiencing a very low bite point on the clutch, about 1inch off the floor. Also it feels like there is a lot of free play when the pedal is at rest at the top. There is no slip or anything but engaging gears feels less smooth than I remember.
Can it be adjusted ?
If not, likely cause ?

UPDATE:

Clutch pedal now sticks to the floor when pushed so assume its either clutch master cylinder or concentric slave cylinder (I hope not !)
It looks a b*tch to swap out the master cylinder.....

SaracenUK

Aug 28, 2010
UPDATE: It was the slave cylinder leaking in the bell housing. Due to fluid contamination had to replace the whole lot !

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
This sort of failure seems to happen quite "a lot" with maybe post 2010 VW Group cars, I'm not sure if it only happens to cars with concentric slave cylinders. I'm sure that my wife's 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI 110PS is one of these cars that reverted to having a "normal" clutch slave cylinder.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise