Mocal oil Cooler (fitting)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Right this weekend the Bumper is coming off to have a few bits done...

I wanna fit this Mocal cooler but how does it go on and how can i get the old oil filter off?
as for mounting the cooler ive already done its behind my Fmic so alls good...
Ive took some pictures of different ways its goes together....I have never took a oil filter off a 1.8t so don't now if theres a thread that i screw the bolt on...

O and i aslo have some PTFE tap should i use that on the connects pipes?

Photo234.jpg

Photo237.jpg

Photo238.jpg

Photo239.jpg

Photo240.jpg

Photo243.jpg

Photo241.jpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
How do you get the old filter off? You ever done an oil change?

Just go to fit the thing you'll soon realise how to remove it and fit the thing, its not that difficult.

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
i struggled like a bugger to remove the old one! and ended up taking it up through the engine as i couldnt fit it past the pipes!

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
i struggled like a bugger to remove the old one! and ended up taking it up through the engine as i couldnt fit it past the pipes!

are you serious?

what strange route you got going under your car?

The filter is removed either with a special tool, but if you're lazy jab a screwdriver through and undo it like that.

Throught the bottom its a piece of piss

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
honestly mate i couldnt get it out lol! i really tried and after emptying it i just lifted it through the top!

was a bastod to get undone with a filter wrench too!

although i had just done an oil change on my mums toyota previa too, so was cold and tired.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
undo the sai pump and move to the side!3 10mm nuts easy! when workin on cars if somethings in your way move it out of the way! this makes life easyer

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.