Modifications?

Hey, I have few mods in mind but i cant make up my mind which to go for first and thought maybe you guys could help me decide:confused:, Firstly the Forge Cold Side Valve Relocation Kit, I have fitted already the 007 Forge valve! Is the kit worth it does it make much difference i can see the benifit on paper but in reality? I want at some point to go for some more horsy power so maybe a re map undecided on who to approach as yet? i would like also to incorporate the Forge FMIC is it worth fitting this before hand as the standard one is so small and its a safety issue! Also would you see any benefits from just uprating the intercooler alone i read somewhere on here not sure who noticed some torque increases? Be great if you could shed some light guys?:confused:

Jim

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
That would only really apply, if he went for a custom remap. Most remaps are generic remaps, so will adjust to take advantage of these modifications.

IC is a worthwhile investment, they won't give you a huge increase in power, they do give you a bit more torque. The biggest advantage is keeping charge temps down. By keeping the air colder and denser, they make the car more responsive and pull harder.

You may notice when its cold, a turbo car can usually pull harder for longer. A larger more efficient IC gives you these advantages when its warm outside too. Less heat soak = better running car.

Last edited:

caveo

i wouldnt go for a fmic with the standard turbo cos there are better ways of getting more power esspecialy when they cost about 900quid (fitted forge) id get a turbo-back zorst( miltek or piper) a panel filter ( green or k&n ) and then a remap ( custom code ) and you should see some serious gains and after this your looking at big turbo time when you WILL need a fmic , good look pal yourwallet will take a pounding ( no pun intended)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
i disagree (sorry), fmic is ideal if you constanly booting it, with my remap the temps are higher causing alot of heat soak, since winter is here its ok for now but for all season , recommned it. (on xmas list)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Big Turbo before an FMIC. Can't see the logic really.

I agree FMIC is a worthwhile investment, especially as your effectively maxing out a standard turbo, it needs all the help it can get to run cool.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
yeh true, so when the bigger turbo is fitted the fmic is there already to make the most of the new turbo.

I have already fitted a Carbonio Cold Air Intake and Forge 007 Valve, So have seen already some promising and nice power and torque gains, And even the way the power comes in is far better than with standard Air Box! I appreciate all your replys and help please keep it coming, My driving sometimes is spirited but respectful always making sure i warm up and cool down properly so i feel a larger intercooler would be beneficial! I would fit myself as im confident with that kind of work its rather straight forward! Thanks again Guys! Has anyone else fitted a Carbonio the sound is truly awesome and you cant resist hoofing it just to hear that rorrr and fighter jet woooshing!:drool:

Jim

caveo

im going IHI in a few weeks so HAVE to have a fmic ,but iv had the spec below for about a year with no problems , but you av to hammer it for ages b4 heat soak sets in, and as some folk are on a budget and want the most bhp for their cash.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.