Motorway cruising?

ee01akk

Does anyone know what its like to drive a Seat Ibiza 1.8 20VT FR/ Cupra on the motorway for long journeys? Does it feel noisy/ rattly/ bumpy/ unrefined or is it comfortable relaxing?

The reason I ask is because small cars tend to have that unrefined feel to them when travelling at higher speeds over long journeys, and can cause you to feel more tired than if you were travelling in a larger, more luxurious car. Esentially, the Ibiza is a town car and a supermini, so wacking a big engine in it is all well and good for acceleration, but over long journeys the car is going to feel too light, bumpy and uncomfortable.

What are your thoughts? I know that the diesels are good motorway cruisers, but what about the petrol Ibizas? I do a lot of motorway driving, and I like the Ibiza but just wanted to see what everybody else thinks.

Thanks.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Longest drive I have done without a stop is around 4 hours and I felt fine at the other end in my FR.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Last year mrcoyote & I did 5 'all day' drives of about 12hrs a piece in his Cupra

It wasn't too bad, vastly improved with Cruise & Eibachs

ee01akk

Its something I might get round to do but its circa £300 for my car from Awsome :cry:

My Corsa comes with cruise control as standard, but its anything but a cruise to drive a 1.8 Corsa on the motorway!!

ee01akk

Longest drive I have done without a stop is around 4 hours and I felt fine at the other end in my FR.

Cool, although I've read lots of reviews about the FR saying that the ride is hard and boneshatteringly bad, however the Civic Type R is even worse apparently.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I will be honest the ride in the FR is harder than it should be but motorway driving isn't really going to cause any issues as far as that goes, the seats are pretty comfortable and fairly supportive too.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.