move over polish, welcome carnauba wax

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
Hope your neighbor doesn't polish his car every Sunday, he'll run out of paint eventually!

Polishes every sunday with out fail,mentioned waxs,he just dissed me - alot of washing and polishing is what youre used to! (the fun is trying different products)

Last edited:

pigeon fancier

Sep 27, 2013
Chesterfield
Spent over 2hrs cleaning mine after reading this,
Snow foam,rinse.dry,poorboys polish then carnuba wax,wasn't overly impressed after using the wax,
I guess I should of used a quick detailer after?
That about right?

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
i am currently using poorboys blue nattys paste its easy on/off but im using fk1000p sealant underneath to keep the paint nice. I glaze it using poorboys black hole to fill most of the swirl marks, seal (leave it to cure for like an hour) then topcoat with the nattys paste.

Just using a seal does give the "clinical" shine thats why i use the wax to give a warmer wet look finish. quick detailer just keeps the top coat wax nice, sonax is my next choice for quick detailer but i used the meguires one before which is also excellent

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
Spent over 2hrs cleaning mine after reading this,
Snow foam,rinse.dry,poorboys polish then carnuba wax,wasn't overly impressed after using the wax,
I guess I should of used a quick detailer after?
That about right?

how is the paintwork? is it smooth or rough? probably needs claying. as already said, wax (regardless of price) will look poo if it's applied onto a poo surface..

As someone said earlier - it's more about how you prep the car for the wax protection which will give you the shine.

Before "detailing" seemed to become a massive hobby and all these boutique wax companies popped up I was doing it with muslin cloths and polish/wax from halfords etc and so long as you invested the time in the prep the car looked just as great as it does now with fall-out removers and clay bars and fillers... just these days its a lot easier to get the same effect!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members