moving maf closer to air filter

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
i've fitted an elbow joiner between my maf and air filter to move it closer to the wing.

just wondering why soime people have moved the maf next to the air filter, and some have kept it near to the TIP.

surely it shouldn't make any difference??

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I think its meant to be between 9-10 oclock and 2-3 oclock.

Here is mine

14112008050.jpg

14112008051.jpg

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I would say leave it closer to the tip rather than the filter cause that gives the airflow some time to become less turbulent as it passes over the MAF therefore giving you better readings and hopefully a better running car.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
This has kinda been coverd before, basicly i think the main reason some people have moved there MAF away from the TIP is the fact they where running a golf mk4 TIP and it caused stalling issues when sat next to the TIP. PhilW had these Issues i belive.

I just run mine next to the filter as i think a continuous pipe looks tidier.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
This has kinda been coverd before, basicly i think the main reason some people have moved there MAF away from the TIP is the fact they where running a golf mk4 TIP and it caused stalling issues when sat next to the TIP. PhilW had these Issues i belive.

I just run mine next to the filter as i think a continuous pipe looks tidier.

I agree with this.
I also read that having your maf too close to TIP (golf tip) could cause issues. Plus as said I also think a continous silicone pipe looks better.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members