MPG or L/100Km?

a.carneiro

Hi guys!

Took delivery of my Cupra TFI yesterday. Well impressed so far, and I'm hoping that it'll perform even better when it's been run in :)

One little thing I'd like to ask:

I am originally Portuguese (PLEASE, no football comments! :rolleyes: ) and I'm used to using L/100Km as fuel consumption values rather than MPG.

Is there any way of changing the trip computer to display L/100Km instead of MPG?

All help would be greatly appreciated :D

flatfourburble

I'm not sure but it might be worth having a look in the hand book. Unless anyone else knows the answer :confused:

a.carneiro

Mym mum's 307 is simple enough as well...

Nothing on the manual either.... If you lot don't know then nobody knows... :)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i'm not entirely sure ,but doesn't one of the trips show one and the other?mpg AND kpg,pretty sure it does on my octavia,not really the same but maybe .
btw never mind the fooball,you are nearly as bad at it as us ;)

a.carneiro

Nah, the Ibiza only really shows mpg

As for the football, I think I'm actually relieved that it's all over and we can all go back to our lives as normal now ;)

IbizaCraig

mine shows in l/100km with VAG-com can i change it to MPG??

a.carneiro

LOL! We're never happy with what we've got, eh? ;)

Let me know if you manage to change it! :D

a.carneiro

Well, Seat said they'd charge me 63 quid (!) to get it changed.

Cheaper, I guess, to buy VAG-COM and change it myself... ;)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
a.carneiro said:
Cheaper, I guess, to buy VAG-COM and change it myself... ;)
:yes: and you will find vag-com very useful for other things over time, so well worth it.

a.carneiro

Just slightly worried about tweaking something I shouldn't and making the car explode next time I turn teh radio on or something... :)

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
Let me know if you have any success, I have the inverse problem. Btw I'm from Guatemala, just wondering if it could also be changed to km/Gal or at least km/l, a friend's Polo has it in km/l, I'll check in the dealer here how expensive it is to change, or if anyone knows Vag-Com please help.

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
a.carneiro said:
Just slightly worried about tweaking something I shouldn't and making the car explode next time I turn teh radio on or something... :)
I've turned down the EGR on mine using VAG-COM, stiffened up the power steering and changed the central locking so it goes "peep" when you lock it. Still waiting for the explosion.... ;)

But you're right to be cautious. Don't just go into VAG-COM and start changing random settings without knowing what you're changing. But you'll be fine if you only change things that other people have done successfully!

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
no idea what the EGR is but im interested in stiffening up the power steering, a friend has vag-com so I guess I just have to find or make a cable then

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.