multiple voltage issues

Aug 12, 2020
hi all, new here and i have absolutely no clue when it comes to cars so just looking for some help please.

i have a 56 plate ibiza 1.4l petrol with about 87,000 miles (i think thats all the relevant information)

im having a number of issues with my car which is making me quite scared to drive it now, it is booked to go in but i have a little while to wait and just need some advice, the problems im having are :

abs light and handbrake light will beep and flash 3 times, usually when im going slow i.e. parking or turning corners.
when turning and going slow, the power steering sometimes cuts out , light comes on the dash and usually will only come back once i switch the car off and restart it.
when the power steering cuts out, my radio (pioneer mvh s140bt) will totally switch off with it and wont come back until the next time my power steering cuts out.
a new one, sometimes when i start my car it will shake and judder until it just stalls on its own.
the worst one is when i start the car, occasionally it will take a fair few seconds to start up, during which time nothing happens and there is no noise from the engine.

thats pretty much it for now, each issue has come individually over a period of a few months, i was told it was just a sensor issue at first and to ignore but now it is too much to brush aside.

thanks in advance for any help, really appreciate it (as someone who is clueless about cars it means a lot)

Aug 17, 2020
Hi I have had this issue before and it was the alternator load wire had snapped down the front next to the battery also the first point of the handbrake light flashing and the beep this is normally caused by low brake fluid

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.