My Arosa 1.4 MPi

EastMidland_Red

Alright guys, just brought my Arosa today, it will be my first car

Its already been de badged, has some nice rims and some schrome mesh in the front.

I do want a bit more doing to it though, what would you reccommend for looks, that is cheap?

I will post pics when i collect it on Wednesday :)

EastMidland_Red

Yeh, lowering it is something i want to do...

Its that greeny blue turquise colour, so would black mesh look any good?

EastMidland_Red

Im thinking some better rims, lowering, maybe a little spoiler and sorting some sort of sound system out on it

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Sounds like a good plan there - you say its your first car though, so you might want to check out some insurance companies first. I couldn't do anything to mine in my first year, had to wait until my second, then I went all out and did most of what you see today :happy:

EastMidland_Red

Well its already insured, i did it online and there was no questions about modifications and nowhere to say it had any so i just went through with it....

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
You'll need to get the declared or removed then - unfortuantely having a modified car equals more legwork when it comes to insurance time. I've not done an online quote for 2 years, I always have to call the companies myself so I can make sure they will cover all my mods.
They need declaring or taking off otherwise you're insurance will be voided, which is a very bad thing!

Lets see some photos of the new motor though :)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Hi there and welcome to the site :wave: You will need to declare your mods to the insurance company just on the pretence that if you have an accident they can be a bit snotty about modifications on cars that they havent been informed of. As a general rule its best to declare everything even if it doesnt increase the performance of your car at all just to be on the safe side. Dont let it put you off though as some insurance companies are fairly reasonable with quotes. Do get some piccies up though, its always good to see what everyone is doing to their wee arosa :clap:

EastMidland_Red

Thanks guys, i'll ring up on Monday

Its had a body kit on and de badged, that shouldnt make the insurance more though should it?

StuM

Nov 1, 2007
Insurers seem to treat mods a bit more rationally these days, so hopefully a couple of cosmetic bits won't make a difference. If in doubt though, always declare them. Any claims officer/loss adjuster would be all too happy to turn down a claim if they could on the grounds of non-declared items.

I remember a long time ago a friend's sister got her standard Renault 5 (see, told you it was a long time ago!) kitted out so it looked exactly like a Renault 5 GT Turbo. When she rang up the insurance company to renew, they asked if it was standard. She declared the new kit... and was told that it would now cost the same to insure as a GT Turbo! The reason they gave was that it was now as attractive to thieves as the Turbo was! :headhurt:

Cheers,
Stu

EastMidland_Red

Insurers seem to treat mods a bit more rationally these days, so hopefully a couple of cosmetic bits won't make a difference. If in doubt though, always declare them. Any claims officer/loss adjuster would be all too happy to turn down a claim if they could on the grounds of non-declared items.

I remember a long time ago a friend's sister got her standard Renault 5 (see, told you it was a long time ago!) kitted out so it looked exactly like a Renault 5 GT Turbo. When she rang up the insurance company to renew, they asked if it was standard. She declared the new kit... and was told that it would now cost the same to insure as a GT Turbo! The reason they gave was that it was now as attractive to thieves as the Turbo was! :headhurt:

Cheers,
Stu

Thats stupidity!

Wel they said it makes no difference because there is no difference in power and the engine and there is not much difference other than de badged and a body kit

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise