my black k03s ibiza, sold and replaced with octavia tdi on corvette rims pics inside!

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
dannyboi321 said:
if u want it done i can have it aranged i work in a body shop :)
I'm sorely tempted, thats for sure...how long would it take to do a bump strip and a non-cupra bumper? If i brought it down 1st thing on a saturday for example, would it just be a day thing? I'd need to get hold of another bump strip 1st though, cos i kinda failed at doing it myself on one i'd already colour-coded [:@] :rolleyes:

dannyboi321

dannyboi
Jan 7, 2011
crawley west sussex
hey all small update got my bonnet bra on 2day realy like the look of it acturly but going to get rid of the trs tow strap i think :/
heres some piccys
P110311_1315.jpg

P110311_1316.jpg

P110311_1316_01.jpg

excuse the poor phone pics :)

dannyboi321

dannyboi
Jan 7, 2011
crawley west sussex
took me about 5 hours all together 1st thing removed tip and all little bits around the tip dv etc then unbolted downpipe dropped oil out removed all water and oil lines then unbolted manifold and then turbo a bit of a pain in ass because its all at the back get a pillow 2 sit on as my engine wasnt very comfy lol

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Liking the bonnet bra. Can I ask where your tow strap is attached to? Mine sits well higher than that, though mine is a full on bolt in one.

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
danny i want to smooth out the lines on the bumpers (the lines that are around the spots) what is the best way to fill them i have been looking at isopon plastic bumper filler glue stuff

dannyboi321

dannyboi
Jan 7, 2011
crawley west sussex
to be honest best way u can do it is key it up real good with 180 paper or summink make sure u get right in the gaps then put a spread of fiberglass over the lot but just enough to fill the gaps let that set sand it back so the gaps are still slightly there then a spread of filler wait for it to dry then sand that untill its all smooth then key up around the area mask it and a good 3 coats of primer not halfords **** its crap then wet flat the primer with 800 wet and dry then obv key up rest of bumper and have it painted :) hope that helps
i will be doing this to mine in the next month or so will also be smoothing out the tow eye covers ;)

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
keeping the toe eye covers on the front and the rear one i just the lines to be smooth as the car is going to jakes for painting may just see if he can do them for me instead of me doing them less things to go wrong if i do it :cartman:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.