My car has an electronic limited slip diff.. Is this true?

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
Hi All

I just recieved an estimate from a stealer for a new rear door. On the the model specs that they searched for using my VIN number it states that the car has an electronic limited slip diff.. Is this true?
I can see that not all the spec on the estimate is correct because as my car came with 17" starfish alloys as standard whereas the specs on the quote say it has 16"s.
Any ideas?

caveo

Proper LSD will cost around a grand fitted......and well worth it mate

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
Ahh now i see.

When i read limited slip diff my head was in the world of powersliding in crazy japanese cars, rather than low speed stability with german efficiency. My bad.

Cheers

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
Hi All

I just recieved an estimate from a stealer for a new rear door. On the the model specs that they searched for using my VIN number it states that the car has an electronic limited slip diff.. Is this true?
I can see that not all the spec on the estimate is correct because as my car came with 17" starfish alloys as standard whereas the specs on the quote say it has 16"s.
Any ideas?

Slightly off topic but how much were you quoted for the new door?

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
Idiot stealer decided to try and charge me for 2 doors and a taillight (?) when only the rear door is damaged. The rest of the bodywork and paintwork is totally fine: ie the body is flush to the doors.

He want's £1064.46

I'm just going to ignore them. I'm not going to rise to it, call them and tell them where they can shove it.

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
It's a graphite one. Its not a cupra R its just a facelift cupra but i imagine that the doors are identical, body coded rubbing strips etc.

If you know of any i'd be really grateful as i have yet to get a quote less than £700.

Cheers

B3LSY

i went to a breakers last week there is a black cupra r the rear doors are still on it you could get it sprayed do you want me to find out a price for ya?

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
Let me speak to the little oik who crashed into it.
I agreed to give him until tuesday (1 week since he reversed into it) to sort it out privately otherwise it's going through the insurance. Lets me see how far he's got.
I thought i'd give him a break because i was seventeen once and i know how much insurance costs at that age.
If you could send me the phone number for that yard though it would be good to have something to fall back on.

Cheers

B3LSY

they have both gone mate there is a rear bumper on ebay its on £31 original one,there isnt alot on it,rear lights,the interior is still in it,boot lid

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.