My car is going in the bin....going to be a big bin....

Aug 16, 2019
Firstly hello, I appreciate any help and advice in advance. Apologies if this is in the wrong section etc.

About a week ago, some little .....insert expletive....decided to steal my wind deflectors over night and ragged them off.... no other signs of damage etc ...so to the issue.

The car, leon fr 2009, now beeps....chirps.....alarm sounds, seems to be from the dash engine bay...deffo alarm sound and not interior ding. It will not stop..... lock or unlock....beep beep beep fking beeeeeeeep......the onboard display shows all doors closed or highlights them open etc, all seems fine here....windows are all up and fine from what I can see. The central locking works fine....it just wont stop chirping..... I can drive it as long as i dint mind the beep beep beep (dirty look from pedestrian) beep......smashes head on dashboard....beep....beep...
Contemplates drinking break fluid....beep....beep.....chirp.....chirp.....can I run myself over?........settles on battery disconnect.

Thanks and here's hoping!.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Firstly, welcome. Sorry it's not under better circumstances. I wonder if the wind deflectors being stolen is being a bit misleading as I don't see how that would cause the issue you have now. Especially whilst the engine is on. You sure they haven't tried to do something else? Like try and cut the alarm cables or the horn (a fav of thicker theives)? Do you have an indicator for bonnet open / shut and does that work?

Aug 16, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Could be a coincidence, I hadn't really thought of that. The bonnet is fine, shows open and closed fine. I'm hoping it's a position sensor in the immobiliser or something. I could do with a plug in OBD run maybe?

Aug 16, 2019
^^sensor in the immobiliser maybe?
I initially thought door switch/lock etc as that seems to be fairly common....but the car shows doors open and close fine, boot fine.....to add to the weird...I could disable it with two unlock presses on the fob.....but that stopped today. Maybe internal sensors for the alarm....at a complete loss.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah, the double press just disables the interior sensor. So it would point to that. The other thought I have. If you have the manual / fuse diagram for the car, if the alarm has it's own fuse. You could just pull it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise