My car stalls, please help!

mimo

Basically, I have bought a Seat Leon TDI and when i drive normally its fine, but if i dive with over 3000 rpm sometimes it stalls... Anyone any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance :)

mimo

Anyone any ideas? Please this is really getting me worried. I won't be able to sleep tonight, iv'e only had the car two days and the engine cuts out every time i go sort of above 300rpm.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Lets get some details first. What is the year, engine type, power output of the car.

When you say it cuts out, do you mean it stops completely or just experiences a severe drop in power? If it stops completely, will it restart or are you left stranded? If it just drops power, does a restart cure it until it happens again?

mimo

Its a Seat Leon 2001 TDI - 110bhp

all standard i believe... when im driving at over 3000 rpm the car engine cuts out and stalls... which means i have to pull up and re start it. It starts again first time....

I realy have no idea what it could be, im new to these sort of cars and engines, like i say i ave only had it a couple of days.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I don't know of any fault which will tally with over 3000rpm, cutting out, and restarting straight away. But you could try changing relay 109 for a start, that has a habit of causing nuisance engine cut out, but usually followed by no glow plug light and failure to start when you try and restart.

mimo

actually now that you mention it...

Occasionally the glow plug light flashes..... dont know if that means anything...

mimo

Literally just took it for a spin and again same story.... if i drive it nice and slowly its fine. But if i decide to put my foot down over 3000 rpm the enging just cuts out and i have to stop to re start it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members