My Custom Engine Cover for TFSI Engine

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Hi guys, heres a couple of pics of a custom engine plug cover I made last night for my Cupra. Its purely a cosmetic mod and offers no real function.

No flash on camera:
DSC00386.jpg
]

With flash:
DSC00390.jpg
]

Its made from a sheet of gloss black acrylic cut and shaped with a coping saw and held on with some black heavy duty cable ties. The sticker was one I sourced from thevinylstore.com.

Any questions on where to get the acrylic links etc just ask.

Last edited:

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Rob,

I got the EVOMs from JKM Performance I think it was around £375 all in (metal headshield and postage included).

Its a great piece of kit and sound great, darth vader on light to mid throttle and a rear induction sucking sound on hard acceleration. On lift off you get wastegate chatter which is just :D

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
Rob,

I got the EVOMs from JKM Performance I think it was around £375 all in (metal headshield and postage included).

Its a great piece of kit and sound great, darth vader on light to mid throttle and a rear induction sucking sound on hard acceleration. On lift off you get wastegate chatter which is just :D

Dammit Dave you're supposed to say it rubbish........ ;)

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
SteveTDCi,

Yeah mate im going to get the JKM one eventually this is only an interm cover, cost less than a tenner all in and that includes postage :D

Knightrider,

This is only a rough prototype, I have ordered another A3 sized sheet of acrylic today and when it arrives at the start of next week I am going to attempt to make a bigger and better cover.

Thanks for the input.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.