My First Problem: water ingestion

Mat

k bud.

as I said, it feels fine at the mo. will try my VAG COM again, and clear the faults, and see what happens :D

T. Spark

If your vag-com is still being gay tonight mate, pop up to mine and I will clear the faults for you :)

Mat

hey???

you got a copy now?

should get it working, just takes me a while LMAO

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
its a bit of a long shot but pull all the coils out and see if there is any water in the chambers. Or around the top of the spark plugs. Lol. I cant believe you pulled out that valve. Water in those chambers would of caused a miss fire but i dont see how it would of got in there. May have just soaked something. If codes dont come back then i wouldn't worry mate.

Mat

Right then, everything has been ok since goin through the puddle. However, I may have a different problem.

On Saturday 13th, I went through that puddle, and a few minutes later the engine management light came on. Later during the night, it went off on its own. Anyway, I ran VAG COM the next day, and it read a mis-fire on cylinders 1, 2 & 3.

Took Ian's advise (and that of others) and ran it for a bit.

Anyway, this Saturday (20th), I got up and the engine management light was on. Got leigh at JBS to run it, and it said something about "an open circuit, cylinder 2" or something like that. Cleared the fault, and that was that. However, it's decided to come back on this evening after finishing work!

Not sure if it's the same problem as saturday 20th, or something else. My vag com is being poo.

ian_cupra

could be a coil on way out, or could be plugs, when did they last get changed do you know?

Mat

no idea cheif...

hope it's not coils or owt! gotta pay for a new tyre next week, and planning on ordering forge FMIC in jan sometime

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
Not another broken engine due to water?.... How much water did you suck-up?

Make sure nothing mechanical is amiss before spending a small fortune on everything electrical under the bonnet.

Rick

Mat

don't think it's broke TBH! was hoping it's just coincidence. engine runs fine. Even when it read as mis-fires last week, it was ok. The fault cleared itself, and never shown again. Was hoping that this would be the same. Need to get VAG COM working properly to check

Mat

Ok, so at !2:45 today as I went to go grab so lunch, the engine management light went off :D

Loving my self healing cupra :funk:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members