My Flash Red LCR

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
Hi,

Thought I would start a thread as the car is coming on nicely now and I'm quite obsessed with it.:D

I put the deposit down on it in Dec 09 but as I was having problems shifting my Mini Cooper S I wasn't able to pick it up until Jan 10 - I haven't got much patience at the best of times but it was a killer waiting and to add to fun I could hardly use it as we we're snowed in:

It came equipped with an AMD Stage 1 map and DV that was about it for the mods. I transferred my plate over and thought that would be it:

09012010005.jpg

However the plate looked terrible so I changed that to more tailored one and gave it a clean after all the snow:

DSC00092.jpg

Your influence then persuaded me to ditch the flag pole aerial:

DSC00086.jpg

That was how it stood for a fair few weeks.

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
For some reason I have become obsessed with cleaning it inside and out, I've spent a small fortune on cleaning products but it does look better for it and I'm hoping to master my DA Polisher to get even better results:

DSCF2786.jpg

DSCF2802.jpg

DSCF2810.jpg

First DA attempt

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00150-1.jpg

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
I started spending money again:

DSC00205-1.jpg

Thanks for those who helped track the center caps down - I'm really impressed with them and the wax in the picture is absolutely brilliant :D

The car currently looks like this as I dropped the wheels of at City Powder Coaters in Brum this morning. I was up at 5:45 to avoid the traffic :( I'm hoping they look good after all this effort :rolleyes:

DSC00231.jpg

However with no wheels on the car I decided to clean the arches and other forgotten places. This seemed like a really good idea but it so boring wont rush to do it again:

Front Before:
DSC00214.jpg

Front After:
DSC00225.jpg

Rear before:
DSC00212.jpg

Rear After:
DSC00224.jpg

Last edited:

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
Sorted out the skirts too:

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

And had a go at the exhaust:

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

After:

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

Not 100% happy with the results I will invest in some Autosol metal polish and try to really perfect it.

Last edited:
Very nice!

We sold my GF's MCS last year too and also bought a flash red LCR! At first my GF thought it just looked like a larger version of my Mk4 Ibiza but when we went to see the car she was sold! Looking to get our wheels refurbed soon too (only 1 lady owner from brand new and low milage but she liked the kerbs!)

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
The final mission of today was the rear badge:

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

And after some hair drying/dental floss action:

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

That was it for today although I have four more days off so will no doubt find something else to do. Cant wait to get the wheels back on and hoping for some decent weather so I can use the polisher.

Thanks for looking

Steve

Last edited:

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
Very nice!

We sold my GF's MCS last year too and also bought a flash red LCR! At first my GF thought it just looked like a larger version of my Mk4 Ibiza but when we went to see the car she was sold! Looking to get our wheels refurbed soon too (only 1 lady owner from brand new and low milage but she liked the kerbs!)

I wasn't a fan only it had it four months and had nothing but trouble with it. I used to get 23mpg if I was lucky so sacked it off for something more economical.

Wish I would have had one instead of the MCS but you live and learn.

She was probably trying to avoid potholes :D - I'll post some pics of the wheels when there done

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
Very nice looking car mate, looks even better clean lol!!!

Bit of a mad question here mate but can you tell me the diamentions of your front number plate as i see its smaller than a STD plate. Reason i ask is i have a square plate on the front of mine and i must admit the car looks better with a small one on like yours.

Cheers

Marv

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
Very nice looking car mate, looks even better clean lol!!!

Bit of a mad question here mate but can you tell me the diamentions of your front number plate as i see its smaller than a STD plate. Reason i ask is i have a square plate on the front of mine and i must admit the car looks better with a small one on like yours.

Cheers

Marv

Its 13x 4.5 got it off Ebay Plateplanet for £9.50 delivered IIRC.

Cant fault it they were really good. I had to request it specially so they could order the plate in, might be wise to mail them before buying if you do get one.

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
No (tempting fate now!) the letters are spaced out correctly, its the standard text, no stupid pictures or daft slogans. See how it goes I guess.

However the one I had on before that in the first pic was even smaller and none standard lettering, no hassle with that either.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
looks well is that a standed back wiper i see:cartman::whistle: and the the same as my wheel caps .dont tell me your having you wheels black.i can feel a clone coming on:lol: no good work mate and do you no red lcr are faster:whistle:

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
looks well is that a standed back wiper i see:cartman::whistle: and the the same as my wheel caps .dont tell me your having you wheels black.i can feel a clone coming on:lol: no good work mate and do you no red lcr are faster:whistle:

I will soon be gone what wiper do you have?.....:D

I've gone for gloss black. The chances of me doing anything original are slim this late in the day.

Cant wait to get them back.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.