My Forge FMIC and projector lights...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
just thought id quickly post up some quick pics of my FMIC and lights... (taken on my SE k750i mob! ;))

front...

Forge FMIC...

front view, no bumper...

front view 2, no bumper...

old chrome projectors and current ones...

trial fit/look of new black projectors...

i fitted them 2 weeks ago yesterday and on the night i did it whilst driving on the motorway my engine management light came on :( and i got these codes...

17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S1: Performance too Low
P1103 - 35-00 - -
16514 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Malfunction in Circuit
P0130 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16519 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Heating Circuit Malfunction
P0135 - 35-00 - -

i cleared them and then last night (2 weeks later) they came back again (again on motorway!), but this time i had this code aswell...

16395 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)
P0011 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

bit peed off really! but it does say its intermittent!

any advice ppl? (mark/zoyd/warren etc?)

i mean all iv changed is the intecooler! so im surprised i got any fault codes at all! :confused: :blink:

u get any warren? or anyone else with the FMIC?

that asside i think the FMIC is phat! top end it has certainly helped i think. will be more beneficial once chipped!

thanks,
james

Last edited:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
same first two as yours matey, had the sensor replaced and hey ho, its still coming up, im getting my coil packs replaced on tuesday as it could be them causing the misfire thats killing the sensors..... personally i think its the wiring.

btw how much were the lights? are they the fk ones?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
cordobabrendy said:
same first two as yours matey, had the sensor replaced and hey ho, its still coming up, im getting my coil packs replaced on tuesday as it could be them causing the misfire thats killing the sensors..... personally i think its the wiring.

btw how much were the lights? are they the fk ones?

how often does ur engine management light come on then? do u find mainly when ur on the motorway?

also u mention misfire!? :blink: my car isnt misfiring!

dodgy wiring did cross my mind, but i have no ideas!

what exactly do the fault codes mean? its it the lamda sensor/plug in the cat thats causing this? :confused: :blink:

thanks!

oh yea... lights are Ultra ones. cost £245 but i got for £210. they r RHD and E marked. and they have much better angel eye rings than the other ones... no 4 bulb syndrome!

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
my light comes on within ten mins of driving, or less if i turn the engine off and back on again.
the misfire isnt very loud, it feels more like youve driven over a bump in the road.
lights are mighty fine, wonder if they'd suit a red cupra...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
well my car isnt missfiring at all! well not that iv noticed! touch wood!

let us know how u get on and wat the stealers do/say!

i assume ur doin it under warranty!? didnt they say, hang on u have a FMIC... :blahblah:

and yea, lights would suit a red leon! :) would suit any colour i think!

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
nope no issues on the fmic at all, its a better designed bit of kit than the standard bits too.
they know ive got the forge dv and fmic, ramair ind kit and have done work before i cant see them refusing now!

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Nothing to do FMIC! Just dodgy sensor needs replacing! Just coincidence i guess!

Don't worry about the

16395 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)

It just comes on sometimes I had it around 20,000 miles ago never seen it since!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yup, not seen anyone with Fault codes post FMIC (unless it wasn't fitted right) but either way that wouludn't give the codes you have there.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
J@mes said:
just thought id quickly post up some quick pics of my FMIC and lights... (taken on my SE k750i mob! ;))

front...

Forge FMIC...

front view, no bumper...

front view 2, no bumper...

old chrome projectors and current ones...

trial fit/look of new black projectors...

i fitted them 2 weeks ago yesterday and on the night i did it whilst driving on the motorway my engine management light came on :( and i got these codes...

17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S1: Performance too Low
P1103 - 35-00 - -
16514 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Malfunction in Circuit
P0130 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16519 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Heating Circuit Malfunction
P0135 - 35-00 - -

i cleared them and then last night (2 weeks later) they came back again (again on motorway!), but this time i had this code aswell...

bit peed off really! but it does say its intermittent!

any advice ppl? (mark/zoyd/warren etc?)

i mean all iv changed is the intecooler! so im surprised i got any fault codes at all! :confused: :blink:

u get any warren? or anyone else with the FMIC?

that asside i think the FMIC is phat! top end it has certainly helped i think. will be more beneficial once chipped!

thanks,
james

I cant see how these codes relate to anything FMIC.
lambda is in exhaust or you have a didgy connection somewhere... checked it?

Camshaft one? a bit weird.. sensor related...

any other works done on the car recently?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I hate tempting fate, but lets just say I haven't seen anything unusual or out of the ordinary to date - everythings just fine.

Have those projector lights got a black box on the back that controls or uprates the electrical supply to the lamps? Wouldn't be surprised if it may be a contributing factor. Electrical systems are so sensitive, and any change in voltage or expected current draw from a particular part of the loom could cause knock on problems. Doubt it would be electrical interference.

Is the car running alright?

unikarl

Nov 18, 2002
Yorks
Visit site
What type of bulb do the projector lights use?

I was going to try retro fit projectors into my standard lights but i want a neater solution so i can still use my H7 Xenons.

RichardBW

Jan 9, 2002
Leamington Spa
I doubt these faults are down to the FMIC. The faults are not even air leak related so we cant even put it down to a loose hose fitting or something like that.
The Lambda probe errors are down to the heating circuit and not the exhaust gas regulation so it looks like the probe or the wiring itself in this case.
BTW...B1.S1 is the front probe (pre cat) if you were not sure.

Perhaps its down to the fact that the new FMIC is so good that it has cooled the air so much that the ECU thinks the heating element in the lambda probe does not work when it really is working :p

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
ibizacupra said:
I cant see how these codes relate to anything FMIC.
lambda is in exhaust or you have a didgy connection somewhere... checked it?

Camshaft one? a bit weird.. sensor related...

any other works done on the car recently?

checked what? the lambda connection into the cat?

btw i have a FULL blue flame system! (100 cell race cat)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
coxw said:
...Have those projector lights got a black box on the back that controls or uprates the electrical supply to the lamps? ...
Is the car running alright?

no black box for lights!

the car is running absolutely spot on!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.