My Forge FMIC and projector lights...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Ruddmeister said:
I had the Lambda code come on mine pre-FMIC, it was the MAF that had actually failed....I guess the car was overfuelling or something and the Lambda sniffed it out :shrug:.....Is the car down on power??

car is not down on power! MAF should be fine! my car was new in Feb and has done 8500miles

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
RichardBW said:
...BTW...B1.S1 is the front probe (pre cat) if you were not sure.

pre cat... so its the 1st lambda sensor... so as its not the 2nd sensor (in the cat) we know its not down to my 100 cell race cat? :confused:

RichardBW said:
...Perhaps its down to the fact that the new FMIC is so good that it has cooled the air so much that the ECU thinks the heating element in the lambda probe does not work when it really is working :p

without sounding stupid, but that thought actually crossed my mind, especially as its very cold at the mo! :blink: :rolleyes:

Fakinit

Where abouts did you source the headlights. The angels eyes look like rings as oppossed to LEDs? Look good. I WANT SOME!!! :cry:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
question for those who have had angel lights for a while - do these stop the condensation problems that riddle the standard lights? Mine are getting really bad now, and I dont think my dealer will do much about it somehow...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Fakinit said:
Where abouts did you source the headlights. The angels eyes look like rings as oppossed to LEDs? Look good. I WANT SOME!!! :cry:

got them from Ultra!

the angel eyes take 4 wedge design w501 sidelight bulbs per hallow ring! BUT u can get some crap hallow rings were u can see each individial bulb because the light doesnt travel around the ring properly, but as you can see from the pics this does not happen with mine! :D

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Pabs said:
question for those who have had angel lights for a while - do these stop the condensation problems that riddle the standard lights? Mine are getting really bad now, and I dont think my dealer will do much about it somehow...

unfortunately they also suffer from condesation! but they do have 3 breathing tubes on the back of each head lamp which work a treat! ;)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Thew fault code is the same thing i had with my BF system. The sure is to space the lambda correctly or get revo stage two or similar. Been about a month now with no problems

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
sorry say that again scotty! :redface:

make sure the lambda is spaced correctly? :confused:

im getting a jabba remap in the future... will they be able to turn off the first lambda sensor? (like revo... assuming thats wat they do?!)

id much rather fix it without having to turn it off! :(

help! (pls lol)

james :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Revo turn off the second sensor, not the 1st.

I'm not sure if whoever's software that Jabba use can do this - try asking them though?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Basically the two lambdas compare readings, if one (the first in this case due to the DP) cant read properly it throws up a fault as the difference between the two probes readings are outside the set tolerance. So the two ways around it are:

- Try and space the lambda out (or in) correctly
- Get revo stage two (or similar if they have the same function)

M0rk posted up some good diagrams in one of the other threads explaining the flow issue. It was one of mine in the help section, I will try and find it

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
ok cheers scotty! (have u found it?)

also y on earth has it decided to play up now? it happened exactly when i fitted my FMIC and i have had my BF exhaust on for ages with no trouble watsoever! too much of a coincidence for me! :blink:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Scotty_b said:
Basically the two lambdas compare readings, if one (the first in this case due to the DP) cant read properly it throws up a fault as the difference between the two probes readings are outside the set tolerance. So the two ways around it are:

- Try and space the lambda out (or in) correctly
- Get revo stage two (or similar if they have the same function)

M0rk posted up some good diagrams in one of the other threads explaining the flow issue. It was one of mine in the help section, I will try and find it

iv just read your old thread scotty... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69438&page=3&pp=20&highlight=lambda+flow

i havnt had my light come on yet, only seams to come on every 2 weeks or when i do a longish joureny on the motorway! :blink:

as for flow rates and spacing the first lamda probe in or out... do u think i should maybe try and losen or tight the probe at all?! :blink:

vern? mork? anyone?

the car's performance is still spot on and i hav not noticed any difference in anything, so im not too bothered at the mo, but still wanna get it sorted!

thanks guys!

james :)

Garpusmentus

J@mes, Can you tell me where you got your headlights from as I REALLY need to buy some !!

Cheers !

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
they are "ultra" headlamps and i got them through carnoisseur (u can get them through most car shops!)

but it doesnt come with the HID conversion! ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.