My high pressure fuel pump cam follower

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
Here is mine. Car was built March 2008 and now has 25k on it and running nearly 290bhp. The autotech has been in for approx 8-10k. The pics are good quality as it looks like it does in reality. You can see a circle that's gone light and in the centre the coating has worn off. It was still very smooth though but i changed it anyway.

Some reckon once the coating wears off it can wear through very quickly but i don't know if that is true. Even so it was very smooth and unworn to the touch with no pitting. I would suggest checking every 20k especially cars with uprated pumps. It's only £20 so i'll be changing it every second oil change for peace of mind and it's so easy to replace.

DSC03671.jpg

DSC03669.jpg

tommot

Not being funny.... well maybe....

But the end face on that picture has got nothing to do with anything..... double negative if you don't get it...

The wear issue is to do with the outside diameter of the shaft (in your pic) and the inside diameter (which is concentric to the outer) , nothing to do with the outer face - the fuel pump is driven off the inner diameter - that looks ok to me???? Are you trying to ask a question or prove a point??

When people talk of the "coating" they mean the hardened diameter of the inner diameter of the shaft in your pic - not the end of the shaft!!!

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
Not being funny.... well maybe....

Are you trying to ask a question or prove a point??

Eh??:whistle:. Here's the point. The pics show exactly what the follower looks like for starters with the naked eye. What you see in the picture is what i'm seeing in reality. Secondly the follower is coated with a harderner that is black and that coating has started to wear off and apparently when that black coating wears off the follower will wear rapidly.

It's nothing to do with the outside diameter of the follower. What happens is the face of the follower wears until the pump shaft comes through and damages the cam.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise