My Ibiza and Jabba FMIC

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Hey, just thought I would post up pictures of my new Jabba FMIC kit that me and 2 of my mates and my bro fitted yesterday. Excuse the number plate not being there, need more sticky pads, and my car needs a wash and tar and glue remover used on part of the bumper.

Heres the pics

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

let me know what you think.

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
how much did you hack off in the corners? looks like a fair bit, did you remove your foglight? also did you fit a smaller screenwash tank or is that the original?

design looks very familiar except for using silicon hose instead of alu pipe work. good stuff though

what other performance mods do you have?

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Theres another pic added....

Had to remove the fog lamps, relocate the horns, chop some of the front panel, chop alot off the inside of the bumper, and move the rad back on the o/s mounts. Its the FMIC that retains the Air con, I love aircon in the summer too much. Bit of a pain to fit and took us most of yesterday to get it right, but there was 4 of us we got there in the end.

Other mods -

Jabba stage 1
KO3S
Forge TIP
Forge DV
Dynatwist
Blueflame DP/CAT
Jetex system
N249 mod

Due to get a custom Jabba RR map next month hopefully.

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
were you drinking when doing it? doesnt look centre ????

as already said, pipework looks familiar, bet it works a treat ;)

good stuff :thumbup:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
What size if the core?

Not fussed on the looks at all, much prefer AM's way of using alu piping, and it doesnt look central with a weird fixing to the drivers side.

But then again if the gains are good then who cares. :D

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
certainly alot of work to get it fitted. dont like seeing that bracket on the left neither :( id try to mesh the bumper so its a little more subtle

good job though, think i prefer my forge cooler aswell though, just looks more simple if nothing else

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
I am looking for peoples opinions anyway, thats why I posted it up, everyone is entitled to give their say.

David - Yeh I noticed today that its not dead centre, its just the way the brackets line it up by the looks of things. Should be ok though.

Phil - Its says on the instructions its a RS500 Core sized down to 295mm, I thought about it not having alloy piping too, but its just different, they are all silicon hoses anyway so should be ok, less heat transfer I suppose aswell.

acidstrato - Yeh it was alot of work, but no pain no gain. I don't mind seeing that bracket really, I am more concerned with performance gains than show class looks TBH. Was'nt keen on the forge one myself, did'nt like how it kept alot of the standard pipework.

Cheers

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
standard pipe work? only the top charge pipe from the turbo fella, the rest is all new. if you concerned with looks too much then theres nowt wrong with it at all :)

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Ok, standardish setup. I'm not arguing, just telling you the reason I bought this one. Not many have it either :)

Where would i get some decent black mesh?

Last edited:

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
Was the jabba intercooler not designed for a Big Turbo? Have you noticed any turbo lag with only having the k03s fitted?

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Was the jabba intercooler not designed for a Big Turbo? Have you noticed any turbo lag with only having the k03s fitted?

Well, so people have said in the past. Not noticed much more lag, the car drives alot smoother now though, it really is good, can't wait to test it out properly, as its all over the place because it needs a remap for the KO3S etc.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members