my ibiza servicing, terrible...

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
pay an arm and a leg for the services from seat stealers! but ima mug and i want the full seat service history!

chris060685

Ibiza Cupra
Nov 6, 2005
dunstable
its only got 1 stamp in the book, delivery inspection, then at 26700 ish so its missing a service??? correct? what would u guys do?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
its only got 1 stamp in the book, delivery inspection, then at 26700 ish so its missing a service??? correct? what would u guys do?

go and speek very nicely to a seat dealer and get them to do a service and brake fluid change and see if they sort the book for you..........you never know;)

BTW brake fluid should be changed every 20k miles or 2 years

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
id be exstreamly pissed off as its not a full service history now :shrug:

and nathwarr i cant afford it but it will be worth it when i come to sell the car as ive done loads of modifications i want the buyer to Know that not only have i spent loads on modifying the car ive spent loads on looking after and servicing the car too

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
id be exstreamly pissed off as its not a full service history now :shrug:

and nathwarr i cant afford it but it will be worth it when i come to sell the car as ive done loads of modifications i want the buyer to Know that not only have i spent loads on modifying the car ive spent loads on looking after and servicing the car too

yup thats my angle too
too many half harted people about
if you cant afford to run it buy somthing that you can

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
with regard to the missed service

I'm sure your local dealer will have come across this before and they normally just do a (big) service and sort you out......................it costs tho :(

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i look for full dealer service history when i buy a car! its worth a go what nathwarr said some smaller dealers may fill the gap or you could buy a seat stamp :whistle:

lukey

4 Ringer
Sep 28, 2006
Harrogate
full dealer history doesnt really mean anything,in fact i would rather i bought a car that had been serviced by an independant than a dealer, smaller garages often do a much better job at a cheaper rate and theres absolutely nothing the dealer can do about it if your car needs warranty work, theres legislation that says you can take your car where you want to and as long as they use either OE or equivalent parts it doesnt void any warranty.

but im not going to get started on dealers daylight robbery rates and the chimps who work for them

Last edited:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Did you buy the car from a SEAT dealer? If so were they the ones who supplied the car and did the last service? If yes than you could try phoning them and explaining the situation. They should have a record of their services on their computer system and it's possible the car was serviced but the book wasn't stamped.

You don't say how long ago the last service was and what the current mileage is. That will determine when the next service is due and what sort of service it is.

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com

Unfortunately, it's up to you to check the service history. What should you do? Go and get it serviced.

To then go and get it 'correctly' stamped up so you can 'increase' your resale value is tantamount to fraud.

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
The DaB is due its 10k service next month. Think seat charge about £60 for this, having worked at a dealership for 12 months i can easily perform this service
(oil + filter change and lubing door hinges) and at a cost of no more than £25- £17.50 magnatec 10-40 oil + oil filter and plug for round about a fiver, and with multiple mates in the trade I can certainly get a service stamp.
All in all a pretty good saving and there will be better quality workmanship because in dealership there is a huge amount of pressure on mechanics to do jobs very quickly, most of there bonuses depend on this.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i can amgine ^^^ even in the accident repair buisness we are rushed BADLEY and standards are very high! and bonuses can be lost when lacking its a tough industry in the big companies!

but its wrong really to be impersonating a proper seat service :shrug: even tho a monkey could do the service

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
would not really say its wrong if its done correctly with genuine approved parts etc.
It would be wrong if it was some cowboy chav doing the service with tesco oil and not changing filter etc, or even worse not servicing at all and jus putting a stamp in the book.
As long as the service is carried out with correct approved parts (receipts to confirm) by a qualified tech the warranty is fine.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
wouldnt say the warranty is fine with some1 doing it at home trained or not?
im just jelous as i have to pay an arm and a leg for some1 at seat to put a stamp in a book :no: .

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
Yes it is expensive, but the seat service stamp is good for residual values and peace of mind i suppose i.e. if sumit fooks up you can blame the dealer to lol

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
well the reason why i pay all this is i want the buyer when i EVENTUALLY ever come to sell the car they will know that not only have i spent alot of money on modifications ive spent alot on servicing and general care for the car!
and when i buy cars i look for full dealer service history and knowing that people are finding ways around getting a stamp is a pain but if its done properly spose it is okish

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.