My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I very nearly bought Crookys MKII but it had no back seats! I've had enough of 1.8t engines for a while. Also I want to try something RWD as I've no experience of them. I keep looking at 1.8 sport MX5's with LSD. It'll probably be in the new year before I'm looking at track cars though.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Ah man shame to see you let go, onwards and upwards though bud! Your RR has been a good read.

Thanks I've enjoyed writhing it.

Sad to see it in this state now.
null_zps7b334a5f.jpg

I've decided to have a little time away from modding cars. I still plan to go to a few shows next year but will have to go in the wife's Polo! It'll probably be early 2015 before I'm back in something VAG but the wait will hopefully be worth while. :)

This is the cheap fun run around I've bought (don't laugh!)
null_zps4c3a003e.jpg

Not bad for £900 and pretty good fun as well. :whistle:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nice Puma :) An ex of mine had one of those for a while, great little cars. I'd love to have a Racing Puma for a track car.

badsamaritan

Apr 17, 2013
Hi guys!!

First I would like to say big thank you to LEE69 who responded to my question about how to fix leaking door seals. Did the job today and im satisfied that leaks will now be a thing of the past. Thanks once again LEE69.

I do however have another question. I keep getting a 17608 code on my 2002 leon cupra and I have replaced most hoses and even bought a new forge 008 valve . While changing the pcv pipes I noticed that the lower L shaped one going into block had cracked> I replaced it but wasnt happy with fitment as i still felt loose even after fitting C clip. Was just thinking today that i didnt put it right. Can any one tell me where the O ring goes please. I slotted it into the receptacle first and then fitted the L pipe. Is this the correct way or I should push it up the L pipe first??

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
It's been a long, long time since I was last on here. Mainly because I've not had a car to play with and its not been much fun with out one. Last year we finally moved to a bigger family home so I've been able to buy another toy to play with. Well two actually.
The idea was to have a weekend toy and a comfortable fun family bus. Rather than go with the one car fits all route.
So first of all I bought this.

The idea was that it's a well sorted car that doesn't need modifying. That did last long a I've bought some coilovers and new wheels for it!:help:

The family bus came next and after a lot of looking I found a MK6 Golf GTI with DSG.

The idea was to fit a intake, remove the pre cat and get a stage 1 map. Since then I've ordered some new wheels, TTRS calipers and I'm going stage two. Oh and I've only owned it for one week. I need help! I'll start a build tread on here as any help once again will be welcome.
Looking forward to reading some of your build treads and catch up with what you have been up to :thumbup:

Last edited: