Lol fast and reliable just seems like a dream

Busy day today...
5cfd11c00003851bea80b546642620db.jpg

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Rear arb off! New to change the bracket onto the new arb..

Bam!
09d0518bd70b1d53cc874602e3bebe9c.jpg

Not sure which adjustment to put the arb on the first or second hole... Hmm

-staytuning|staymodified

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Not sure which adjustment to put the arb on the first or second hole... Hmm

The holes in the ends of the ARB's are the stiffer setting I've set my H&R bars soft on the front and stiff on the rear.

What are the rear control arms for? I haven't seen anybody else change them before.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
The holes in the ends of the ARB's are the stiffer setting I've set my H&R bars soft on the front and stiff on the rear.

What are the rear control arms for? I haven't seen anybody else change them before.

Thanks, I'm just going to get them on and then get it setup professionally ... Don't trust myself! Lol

The rear control arms allow you to adjust the camber. plus it's a betterment from OE, so had to be done

-staytuning|staymodified

I can see they look a bit better than oem but i wouldnt have thought there was any need to adjust the camber any further than the standard eccentric bolts would allow you to adjust as the camber castor angle and toe is adjustable via the eccentric bolts on the back of the car.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
I can see they look a bit better than oem but i wouldnt have thought there was any need to adjust the camber any further than the standard eccentric bolts would allow you to adjust as the camber castor angle and toe is adjustable via the eccentric bolts on the back of the car.

They're just the same as the ones offered on awesome GTI but not billet lol. They also have better bushes in them so it's saved me replacing the bushes. I can see what your saying but you can adjust it a lot more with these.

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
So as some of you may have guessed... I only managed to finish off the rear end yesterday, because of rain & lack of light we decided to leave the front for now... Until I get time, my inlet manifold should arrive next week so maybe I'll spend next weekend putting on my front ARB, ALK, Adjustable ball joints, adjustable drop links, inlet manifold, HPFP and billet cam cover.... Hmm a lot to do!

-staytuning|staymodified

I think you will need to allow a little more time installing the inlet manifold and do it at the same time as the cam cover that way your be doing away with all the breathers that all end up getting the valves clogged and obviously whilst the inlet manifold is off it would be rude not to clean the valves off.

I keep looking at them cam covers myself as its the only company with a solution to the valves getting grubbed up by doing away with the rear breather as well as the front.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
I think you will need to allow a little more time installing the inlet manifold and do it at the same time as the cam cover that way your be doing away with all the breathers that all end up getting the valves clogged and obviously whilst the inlet manifold is off it would be rude not to clean the valves off.

I keep looking at them cam covers myself as its the only company with a solution to the valves getting grubbed up by doing away with the rear breather as well as the front.

Yeah your thinking the same as me, I'm holding out for a catch can I ordered a while back from awesome, then I can do the fuel pump, inlet mani, can cover and catch can, I wanted to hold back on the cam cover and build it on a big valve head... But I couldn't help but order the inlet mani lol so I might as well lol

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Top work fella, great read also. It's going to be an absolute weapon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bud! Hopefully soon there should be some real car part stuff to look at! Lol

It's nice to build this Leon in compared to my old TDI Leon, the parts are so readily available, the RnD has already been done! Lol

As a side note; the European rally is in two odd weeks... And I still need my intercoolers and all the above done inc. stage 2+ map ... This is going to be hard work...

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Bored at work... Flicking threw my photos and emailing dealers, suppliers and workshops today, so much to do with such little time lol

04a71728fae654456c2f2a2b416350ea.jpg

Anyone up for a track evening at brandshatch soon?

-staytuning|staymodified

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
You've had those TTRS brakes fitted a while now, how are they performing, do you still feel there better than standard. Up to track use ?

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
You've had those TTRS brakes fitted a while now, how are they performing, do you still feel there better than standard. Up to track use ?

Hey, they are 200 times better than OE & good for 30minutes track use (pagid pads OE disc) but if I'm honest I'm a bit nervous about taking them on the Nurburgring. Lol

Also on other news..
1385a1a59a87ae6c341d2034a580816b.jpg

572fdfab72ac9364a4b350c1b8941fa1.jpg

8778b5d5f651f4be5c1c9da09dc73e50.jpg

ac7357fffe4b59624872ee5ae8915ab6.jpg

You wanna see dedication & a good friend?...
497691d81b7809dd55c08ea03f5461f0.jpg

Inlet mani is nearly off...

-staytuning|staymodified

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Nervous why?

Mani looks ace

Thank you, & because in all honesty they are fast road, light track use brakes in my opinion (although I have cheap pads + OE disks). I just think it may be worth upgrading to 6 pots for track use rather than spend the money on 2 piece disks & expensive pads.

-staytuning|staymodified

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Thank you, & because in all honesty they are fast road, light track use brakes in my opinion (although I have cheap pads + OE disks). I just think it may be worth upgrading to 6 pots for track use rather than spend the money on 2 piece disks & expensive pads.

-staytuning|staymodified

I really didn't think the oe brakes where that bad if I'm honest, maybe with a trackday tyre for sure with the extra grip n heat .

I'm weighing my options up, kit Iv bought also comes with RS3 discs n pads but that would means sourcing rs3 hubs or using a spacer behind the disc .But then there the AKS vagbremtechnic kit that converts the caliper to oe disc size. The f that's what your referring too oe. TTRS discs don't get the best write up apparently and the smaller 340 disc is lighter
What brake hoses did you buy? £££

Last edited:

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
I really didn't think the oe brakes where that bad if I'm honest, maybe with a trackday tyre for sure with the extra grip n heat .

I'm weighing my options up, kit Iv bought also comes with RS3 discs n pads but that would means sourcing rs3 hubs or using a spacer behind the disc .But then there the AKS vagbremtechnic kit that converts the caliper to oe disc size. The f that's what your referring too oe. TTRS discs don't get the best write up apparently and the smaller 340 disc is lighter
What brake hoses did you buy? £££

Yeah standard are not exactly terrible but they weigh ten ton & the rs3 discs are a PITA lol, I think TTRS brakes (all around) would be suitable for most, if you fear they won't be or your a bit of a racer (longer track sessions) I'd be tempted to sway towards 6 pots or a known BBK such a tarox, forge etc. as you mentioned 370mm is a lot of disc to carry around. I purchased TTRS hoses from wezimoto on eBay

But of a update from last night... I ended up staying at my mates! Lol we took the inlet off (that's a bloody hard and long job!) then we fitted my new loba fuel pump and cam follower, then changed all the parts from my inlet (fuel rail etc) onto the new one, at this point it was 1am, we then called it a night, so once we've both finished work tonight, it should be all go!

-staytuning|staymodified

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.