My Mk3 Ibiza 1.4 with coilovers and leather

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Apart from road legal pressed plates I'm getting made up no updates. I've been away pretty much all of September in Florida so not had any opportunity for new pics. Got a new mirror for £40 off eBay and fitted it so that's all sorted though.

Now my insurance is down to only £500 fully comp I'm starting to think more and more about a new faster car so not really doing much to this one anymore. Might keep it another year at most.

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Well, so much for waiting a year, just picked this up today. Few pics from the advert.

5084324385_9b87111d96_z.jpg

5084324729_a178cdcfc3_z.jpg

Had 16s on the front in the advert but now all 17" SuperTs.

Last edited:

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Pic of it how it stands, unfortunately its going to stay there for a few days as the day after buying it I got a puncture.

5088453067_8f98dd23c7_z.jpg

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
It doesn't even compare. Its crazy. Boost is kinda addictive. lol. It's only a stage 1 but it spins in 2nd and 3rd in the wet as soon as it starts boosting. Its actually a little bit scary. I know it probably sounds stupid, but things feel more solidly built in it, for instance the indicator stalk feels chunkier and more solid. Short throw of the gearbox takes a bit of getting used to though.

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
It doesn't even compare. Its crazy. Boost is kinda addictive. lol. It's only a stage 1 but it spins in 2nd and 3rd in the wet as soon as it starts boosting. Its actually a little bit scary. I know it probably sounds stupid, but things feel more solidly built in it, for instance the indicator stalk feels chunkier and more solid. Short throw of the gearbox takes a bit of getting used to though.
haha. Cool. So it's recommended..? :p Don't they have TCS? what you doing with your old 1.4? esp the coilies...? ;) Hope the golf r/w is going on the cupra :p

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Definitely recommended. Yeah it has tcs, that blank button at the top left of the center screen in the 1.4s turns it on/off. Keeping it to run to and from work, then when my lil bro turns 17 at the beginning of next year hes having it. Cupra needs a few little things doing to it on the exterior just to tidy it up. Aerial needs changing, wipers front and back changing to aero, mirrors have corroded open so they need replacing and the rear wheels need a bit of spacing.

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Definitely recommended. Yeah it has tcs, that blank button at the top left of the center screen in the 1.4s turns it on/off. Keeping it to run to and from work, then when my lil bro turns 17 at the beginning of next year hes having it. Cupra needs a few little things doing to it on the exterior just to tidy it up. Aerial needs changing, wipers front and back changing to aero, mirrors have corroded open so they need replacing and the rear wheels need a bit of spacing.

Haha, doesn't stop, does it :p You've got me looking at Cupra's again! But I want a blue one :lol: Found yours on Pistonheads. Looks like a really good price for what it is :thumbup:

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Ha, I didn't even know it was on Pistonheads, I saw it on a local forum. I got it for less than that.

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Ha, I didn't even know it was on Pistonheads, I saw it on a local forum. I got it for less than that.

Even better! hmmm, £1080 for insurance... I can afford that..! :whistle: ugh. Do I want blue, silver or red! Would be funny seeing 2 mk3 cupras parked at Gillingham next year :p

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Yeah that's about how much mine was, though that's with 0ncb as my 3 years are being used on my other car. I always wanted blue, but at that price, so local, I had to have it. Would look funny, or both parked up at Forest Hill.

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Yeah that's about how much mine was, though that's with 0ncb as my 3 years are being used on my other car. I always wanted blue, but at that price, so local, I had to have it. Would look funny, or both parked up at Forest Hill.

Thats true...Damn. I need to get my bump strip back on! :p Might get a silver one just for the contrast...:think: would stay cleaner long too.... but I wouldn't love it like a blue or red one! Yeah, at that price, I can understand... Seriously? with 0ncb? I've got 3! Damn London Postcode!

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
Yep, with 0ncb, but I'm with Admiral multicar. They were £500 cheaper than the rest on my 1.4. The next cheapest were Adrian Flux at £1000 on that car.